2003 Pontiac Aztek - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aztek model:
I will be passing this vehicle to my daughter
By pilotauto on 02/21/14 13:15 PM (PST)

2003 Pontiac Aztek Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have 380,000KM's on 'er and the Aztek runs like a top,it has been very reliable and comfortable to drive,and gets great gas mileage..I have nothing bad to say about this vehicle,it has been a very,very excellent family, as well as sporting, outdoor activity type vehicle.This vehicle has been top notch in any way you care to mention...and I like the fact it has unique styling and doesn't lo0ok like everything else out there..I hope my next vehicle will be this awesome!!! I wish they still made them,I'd get another but all wheel drive...even though the 2WD was great in the snowy icy,and wet conditions.

380,000 KM and Passing it down.
By pilotauto on 02/18/14 23:22 PM (PST)

2003 Pontiac Aztek Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my 2003 Aztek new in the spring of 2003..I guess I,m one of the weirdos that like the styling..that is what attracted me to this vehicle,when I test drove it and saw all the cool little features,and how much room it had..well it spoke to me,so I bought it and,and have "0" regrets in fact it is without a doubt the best vehicle I have owned At 320,000KM I did have to have the intake manifold gasket replaced....but at 380.000KM she runs like a top.I oil sprayed(undercoated her from new,and every year after,and used 5W-30 Full synthetic Motor oil from Day 1 now my daughter is going to have it I only hope the new vehicle I purchased gives me the worry free long service the Aztek has.

Blower Failures
By Ombray on 12/03/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Pontiac Aztek Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Our heater blowers keep failing. we are about to get our 6th. We don't use it much in summer and don't run it on hi very often. anyone else heard about this?

I Love It
By Tommy N Daniel on 08/17/10 14:07 PM (PDT)

2003 Pontiac Aztek Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

i love my aztek my baby bought it for me 2 years ago and the only thing we have had to do is change the oil, put a set of tires on it and new brakes all i can say is that its not ever left me standing out in the cold/heat and that i love it lol

Ugly But Functional
By Steve on 08/08/10 09:19 AM (PDT)

2003 Pontiac Aztek Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Surprisingly impressed! First American car in 30 years, and it's really nice! No complaints, except for having great difficulty putting gas into it. Have had diagnosis by 3 certified mechanics, replaced fuel vapor canister, fuel evap solenoid and STILL have to put gas in at about 5 cents a spurt because the nozzle keeps kicking out. It's smooth, quiet, powerful and has a number of features I was going to invent one of these days. I recommend a buy, if you're more concerned about function than appearance.

Excellent value
By borych on 07/17/10 14:54 PM (PDT)

2003 Pontiac Aztek AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Have had car for 7 years now and have been more than satisfied. Recently had a few significant repairs. Over all am quite happy with the purchase. Runs well. Good gas mileage 18-24 mpg for a 6 cyl AWD model. Excellent in deep snow! This car lives in New England outside and has served well. Only minor cosmetic drawback is that it does not come with gas cover. Many people over the years have asked what happened to it. I keep needing to explained that this is the way it was designed. If they still made them I would buy a new one.

Wonderful Experience
By Bruce on 07/17/10 09:10 AM (PDT)

2003 Pontiac Aztek Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Probably the best car I have ever owned! You sit up high, killer sound system and best of all the Heads Up Display on the windshield (no tickets ever). 140,000 miles and have only had to replace some front and rear bulbs. I can take out the back seats and fit in full 4X8 sheets of plywood and close the hatch. I have a hitch and I pull my 2 carrier motorcycle trailer loaded with ease. I've had people out in public tell me my car is ugly, but I always liked the futuristic styling, reminds me of a vehicle from the movie Bladerunners. Wish I could get a new one! Sorry the Pontiac brand is now gone!

Unhappy customer
By yolonda hunter on 04/14/10 06:50 AM (PDT)

2003 Pontiac Aztek Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this Aztec not even 3mos. Ago and I'm having problems with the brakes, wheel bearings, headlight shift gear ac unit. I was told that the SUV went through to inspection and that everything was working fine that's not true these cars can be a good car if you can repair it yourself because it's a costly vehicle to have so I don't recommend this one at all know. Wonder they stopped making them in 2005 because the only thing they offer is space don't buy if you use this vehicle as an every day car please.

Nothing but GOOD!
By Liana on 11/23/09 04:51 AM (PST)

2003 Pontiac Aztek Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car brand new in 2003 . I have NEVER had any trouble with it. I change the oil & have tune ups (regular stuff) but thats it. This is a GREAT car. Plenty of room!! Great for trips. I have the leather seats, 6 cd changer, moon roof etc. FABULOUS car! I would buy one all over again! I can ONLY say good things about this vehicle. I really do like ALL the room withour it being a huge SUV. If you have an opportunity to buy one, go ahead - do it without hesitation. This car has been extremely reliable!! Mine is not a 4 wheel drive but it handles great in the snow. GREAT car!!

Best choice yet!
By Lesterd on 09/29/09 20:19 PM (PDT)

2003 Pontiac Aztek Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We HAD to replace a car. It had over 300,000 miles on it, so we get an Aztec. It has the a cd player and the basic 6 speaker sound system, and air conditioner, and ABS. Everything else is standard. I also just recently received my permit, I have had if for 5 months. It has been an awesome driver, I love it. It is pretty darn powerful for a V-6. I hit 95 passing a truck just plain flooring it. And the standard sound system is so amazing. I put it on full blast playing the song "My Michelle" by the Guns n' Roses and I could hear it during road construction 2 blocks away. We also just had to replace the oxygen sensor, and now it is a beast. It is way louder and way faster Recomend it