Used 2002 Pontiac Aztek Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Pontiac Aztek - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aztek model:
silver streak
By blueyz on 06/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Pontiac Aztek Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

i've owned several SUV's and none were as fun to drive as my AZTEK. it handles well, takes tight turns and the gas milage is great. i did some sporty work to it and it looks great..

Love my Aztek
By Form483 on 05/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Pontiac Aztek Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

As you can tell from my mileage I live in my Aztek. I drive 160 miles round trip every day for work. Due to an auto accident I have herniated disks in my back, my last car, a small truck, caused me great amounts of pain. The drive in my Aztek has not caused me any pain. I have not had to take my Aztek into the shop for anything but general maintenance such as oil changes. I can not say that of the last vehicle I owned, a Ford Ranger. The seats are easy to remove AND replace. The cargo tray and nets keep things from sliding around in the back and the extra power source is great for parades and sporting events.

Don't Judge A Book by The Cover
By krystl on 05/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Pontiac Aztek Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Many people do not like the Aztek based on its looks. If they would look past that, they would find a quality vehicle, with lots of comfort and functionality at a reasonable price. I wish Pontiac would advertise the Aztek more because there are a lot of consumers out there that are missing out on a fabulous car! I am so glad I bought mine. It's very comfortable for my family of 4. It holds everything I need it to and the kids have plenty of room. The Aztek is roomier than its counterparts (RAV4 and CRV). Check out the Aztek. Youu won't be disappointed.

NOT an ugly ducking...
By Dave Barber on 03/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Pontiac Aztek Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Sure, it's easy to bash Pontiac for what most consider to be ugly, weird, or bizarre styling. But it grows on you, and after owning one for nearly a year, I have concluded it is on of the best values out there. We've had NO mechanical problems, there are no rattles or squeaks and it tows our camper (equipped with towing package) with ease.

Love the Aztek
By Don.Descy on 02/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Pontiac Aztek AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We bought the Aztek because we wanted the camper option... yes, we wondered about the style. But after driving it for a few weeks we are totally in love with it. It does everything and it is comfortable and roomy. We have the All Wheel Drive model. My wife drove back from Minneapolis in a blizzard last week and it held the road like a magnet. The is a Fun car and #1 in versitility!

Mixed Bag
By SueW on 02/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Pontiac Aztek AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I was singing its praises for the first few months of ownership, but now- 2,000 miles into ownership, on its first road trip-major problem. A boot on the drive shaft broke and left me stranded for more than a week while the part had to be shipped from Detroit. GM has no trip interrupt policy so they paid some but I was out $500 in expenses-plus the inconvenience. The dealer said if the drive shaft would have dropped on the pavement at highway speed-we'd be dead! A few other minor complaints- the rear hatch struts are too weak for the heavy trunk. The radio is possessed-stations will change, tracks will change, and the mode AM/FM/CD will change.

2002 Aztek
By cgmoose on 01/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Pontiac Aztek AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Great fun car to drive great in snow and ice.

It makes difference
By Stanko Brankovic on 12/18/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Pontiac Aztek AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have Aztek AWD already 8 months. So far its been a pleasure driving it and injoing it. My wife did not like it in the begining but now She is the Aztek's biggest fan. First snow and drive through a messy Pittsburgh streets was a real test. Vehicle is well designed and built for a harsh winter conditions and so far we made several long trips to Savana (GA), N. Orleans (LA), Toronto (CA) not having any problems. Considering the pricee that we paid,(19600) (with 17' wheels) this car is realy best buy for its class. I strongly recmmend it for people that wnat to make a diference.

We love it!!
By janices on 10/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Pontiac Aztek Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the Aztek after a lot of research that I based on people who actually owned them...and now I know I definitely did the right thing. Oh and I don't care if other don't like it,,,,,they're not the one who drives it...and as long as I'm satisfied that's all that really counts!! My 4 grandchildren who age from 2 to 11 just love to ride in it..and everyone who has ever ridden with me are pleasantly surprised....

Beauty's Only Skin Deep
By Krazy Kat on 09/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Pontiac Aztek Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Don't judge a book by it's cover. I thought it was one of the ugliest vehicle I'd ever seen, when I first saw it, but now more than 2 years later I bought one. I took a look at the sticker, and on a dare, I test drove the Aztek. I loved the way it drove, and all the features it included. I couldn't pass up one of the best bargains on the market. I'm still not crazy about the style, (everyone else in my family loves it), but it is growing on me, and I really like the way it handles/drives. One problem --- everyone in my family wants to borrow it.