Used 2002 Pontiac Aztek Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Pontiac Aztek - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aztek model:

White Aztec
By bluewaves

2002 Pontiac Aztek Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Replaced rear hatch shocks, brake safety switch, front passenger side wheel axle, thermostat, rear defrost doesn't work and hatch is hard to close. Fixing things costs a lot of money because you have to go to a dealer. I was better off trading it.

Comfortable car. Avg 23 mpg. Loved features.

Fix the rear window/hatch to remove the trim. It is too bulky and creates a severe blind spot.

Very competent not so cute AWD
By Brad

2002 Pontiac Aztek AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this car used with under 40K miles from a Ford dealer on e-bay. My trip home averaged 27 mpg. I often drive the car to Northern Vermont, a six hour trip feeling refreshed and confident that the AWD will perform in snow as expected. With side airbags, ABS, fog lights, truly comfortable heated seats and an average mpg consistently in the low to mid twenties and a price below $12,000, this car offers good value. It is easy to find in parking lots bcause of its size and rarity. If the car had a more appealing exterior, I would probably own TWO.

Ride comfort, cavernous interior, stereo, storage, versatility, heads-up display, heated leather seats,onstar, good gas mileage

Blind spots resulting from rear spoiler and rear window configuration.

Unique, Reliable,Affordable
By NEBTEK2002

2002 Pontiac Aztek Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

My wife and I loved the concept car and wanted the production model from Day 1. We test drove a 2001 GT,loved that one but resisted it until we could travel 30 mi. to see this "basic" 2002 with fewer miles and a lower pricetag. With Azteks, basic doesn't mean stripped. We don't have ONstar, dual A/C controls, power seats; but we do have most everything else. We used to be Chrysler minivan owners. This one is has a tighter body than any of the 3 Chrysler products we've owned. It rides better than the standard Caravan, handles better, and the transmission has none of the Chrysler "hunting" tendencies on long upgrades. Other than replacing a ruined tire, no repairs at all thus far.

Ride and handling far better than an SUV or Chrysler-built minivan. Lots of room in a relatively small vehicle. Smooth-shifting transmission that doen't "hunt" on hills. 35 more hp. than Carvan from only .1L larger engine. Futuristic styling!!Lie nothing else on the road.

GM should put Aztek back into production and promote its good fuel economy, comfortable ride, and the overall better quality of Aztek/Buick Rendezvous over short-wheelbase Chrrysler products.

Great Value
By GJB

2002 Pontiac Aztek Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

starting to use oil and the heater fan is a little load on high. Other than that, it has been a great car.

I can use it as a work truck then put the seats back in and take the family out for dinner. Only paid $15000 new so I think it is a great value. My wife has a Honda CRV and it feels like a toy after driving the Aztek.

Split rear seats, some type of organizer instead of the cooler.

fun and functional
By wayne stanton

2002 Pontiac Aztek Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We have owned our Pontiac Aztek for a month now. After looking at several different models we chose this one due to price and initial impressions, with both room and comfort in mind. This car has proven to be a great choice, it is so quiet inside the cabin, and both very roomy and comfortable. I find its exterior looks to be very appealing, and the ride is both smooth and responsive. I think we have made an excellent choice. I am sorry they won't be making this car anymore after this year though, I do recommend it very strongly.

the quiet cabin, cd player, the very comfortable interier are all major pluses

The only problem is the spoiler in the back does block some of your view, thats the only problem with this car.