2002 Pontiac Aztek Consumer Reviews 4

2002 Pontiac Aztek - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aztek model:
Mostly Good, Just A Couple Quibbles
By DennyMo on 03/16/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Pontiac Aztek Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Two kids in car seats, a 5'4" mom and a 6'3" dad: definitely a challenge to find an affordable vehicle that we all would fit into. Full-size sedan/wagon? Getting car seats in and out of a car is a contortionist's exercise. Minivan? Blah. Full-size SUV? Too big, too expensive. The Aztek is the best, almost perfect, fit. Only regrets: we wish we'd gotten the power seats and CD changer.

Luv the Aztek
By Pami1968 on 03/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Pontiac Aztek Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

The moment I hopped in the car for the test drive, I knew it was mine. I feel such joy driving it. Drives smooth - the V6 engine has lots of pick up. Never had a thing go wrong with the car in two years. Yeah, some people think it looks weird, but once you drive it, you will be a convert!

Highly recommended!
By mavisbean on 02/06/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Pontiac Aztek Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I absolutely LOVE this vehicle! It feels & drives like a much more expensive SUV. It's very roomy and comfortable and the passengers in the back have plenty of leg room.

Makes life Fun
By karew70 on 10/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Pontiac Aztek Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Aztek used and got a Great deal on it. I am the Mother of three boys 14,8,6. When it came time to get a new Vehicle my husband wanted me to get a car but with three boys a Van to a car NOWAY. At first I thought the Aztek was a bit strange looking but once I test drove it I KNEW it was for me. Makes me feel young again and still gives me the space I need. My boys think its the coolist Thing and thier friends all like it so I earned bonus points. hahaha

Love our Aztek
By wabartz on 10/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Pontiac Aztek Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

It's easy to maneuver in parking lots, handles well and is surprisingly peppy. The rear audio controls and slide out storage bin are extremely useful. The stereo is great (get the 180W 10-speaker system). With the rear tie downs and tailgate/hatch setup I am constantly amazed at what I can haul with it (very versatile). This has been a great replacement for our minivan and has been servicing our family (2 adults and 3 kids) very well for the last year. This is the vehicle that brought me back to domestic vehicles after years of buying imports. It has been reliable and fun to drive, definitely a keeper.

Great......with qualifications
By Imacarguy on 10/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Pontiac Aztek Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Seating comfort is great, especially for someone with lumbar problems. Overall flexibility of this vehicle is phenomenol. It's a real shame that GM didn't do a rear-end styling change (smooth it out, improve visibility and overall attractiveness) early-on. I decided on buying a "nearly-new" '02 instead of a '03 due to price/option considerations. Guess I'll be considering a Rendevous in the future ?!!

Weird looking but cool to drive.
By robier_a on 08/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Pontiac Aztek AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I was impressed by the interior the most. Very roomy, & confortablle, especcially in the back seat. I like alot of space when I drive and even when I have my seat to where I want it there is still a bunch of room for the passenger in the back.

Awesome Car
By Linzy on 07/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Pontiac Aztek Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Aztek a year ago this month, and I absolutely made the right decision. Considering the alternative cars, such as the Nissan Xterra, with a lower base price, but no comfort features to speak of, the Aztek is worth it, the most basic ones come with CD, power locks and windows, AC and heat, and so much more. They are great for traveling, and having tailgate parties, and you wouldn't believe the room in the back!

A total surprise inside and out
By Raven2wren on 07/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Pontiac Aztek Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We had driven and looked at dozens of cars and SUV's. Nothing seemed to fit what we needed. Having driven a Buick Park Avenue Ultra I was more than a little bit spoiled by the power and options I had become used to. I had walked past the Aztek twice and never gave it a second look, but my husband stopped and looked inside. He called me over and we went for a test drive and immediately knew that this was exactly what we needed at a price that we could afford! It had all of the options that my Buick had, plus the fun sporty drive that is classic Pontiac.

We love our Aztek
By Rob Lightcap on 06/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Pontiac Aztek Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

My family and I are very happy with my 2001 Pontiac Aztek. It has been driven alot by this family with 3 kids. To date, the only problem we've had with the car was a stuck rear lift gate latch. My wife loves it so much she wants to get one of her own.