2002 Pontiac Aztek - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aztek model:
a few problems but I'd buy it again
By nah1978 on 04/01/05 19:28 PM (PST)

2002 Pontiac Aztek AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 2002 AWD used with 25k and it is now up to almost 60k. Just a warning, be prepared to replace both the front wheel bearings at some point. I have done some research on the internet and this seems to be about the most common major problem with the vehicle. I was just out of warranty and it cost me about 400 bucks to do both. Even so I love this vehicle. You can get a good deal on them since some people don't like the looks. I just tinted all the windows and put a grill guard on and it looks awesome. It handles great, good MPG for an SUV (lower to mid 20's), plenty of room, good for hauling people or just flip the seats up and you can haul a ton of cargo.

Aztek: The car people love to hate
By Aztek Happy on 11/23/04 18:46 PM (PST)

2002 Pontiac Aztek AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the Aztek because of all of the great things it can do. It is the best car I have ever owned (I am 60 so I have owned a bunch). It does everything and is the most comfortable car I have ever owned. We went 14k miles last summer and never had any comfort problems. Get past the looks and buy one. You will really love it. You can get a good deal on one and shop around for the bells and whistles.

Dependable Alternative
By tjhbama on 11/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Pontiac Aztek Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I traded my Suburban for my Aztek. Best economics trade ever... I have 52K miles on my 2002, and have had no mechanical problems, and get 20/25 city and highway. Don't have the space of the suburban (9 passengers), but have room for 5 adults and luggage for same. I tow a 8' utility trailer for recreation, and love the flexibility of flipping rear seats down, or up, or taking them out easily. Cargo space is nice in the rear, with 48" width for hauling lumber for those home improvement projects. Drivers seat cover replaced under warranty last year.

Quirky, but a great vehicle
By randtauwers on 08/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Pontiac Aztek Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Some people don't like the styling, but we love it even though it is a little quirky. Styling aside, this is a great vehicle. It is practical, comfortable, lots of room to haul stuff around. The mileage is better than most any other SUV. We have the bright Aztek yellow and it is great because you can easily find it in the parking lot. It easily tows our 19 foot I/O boat with no trouble at all.

Simply the best
By Ibhappy on 08/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Pontiac Aztek Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Did not like the looks at first in 2001. But now I love it. It's different! Great vechicle with a great sound system. Perfect for the family with a cottage and you need that extra space but don't want a van. Drives great! My friends at first said it was ugly, and then when they had there first drive, they liked it. I could not be happier with my purchase. I hope they don't stop making them because I think they are catching on. No problem at 60000.

fun
By Tori9299 on 07/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Pontiac Aztek Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I love my Tek it is so much fun. I'm upset about the gas cap I wish they would have made a cover for it. I do also have a problem with the trunk release it stinks, the dealer is still not able to fix it.

Our Aztek
By j321979 on 07/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Pontiac Aztek Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We love our 2002 Pontiac Aztek. Love the preformance and versatility of our vehicle. Had a playstation 2 put in. Highly recommended!! Great vehicle for those who want a SUV for the price of a mid-size car!!!! The rear seats are great!!!

2002 AZTEK ONE SWEET RIDE!!!!
By AZTEKLOVER on 04/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Pontiac Aztek Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This is one of the top three vehicles I have ever owned from a Cadillac to a Mustang. Wonderful, forward thinking design,not a cookie cutter SUV.Turns heads!!Better gas mileage than otherSUV.Great sound system,cold air,lights everywhere!! Rides way smooth and quiet.Do not overlook the Aztek for an attention getter.My daughter(22)is thinking of trading her Grand Am for one,it is so sweet.Oh,with sunroof tho.You will not be sorry on this one.Will look new for years.

Love my Aztek
By twiglet on 04/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Pontiac Aztek Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This car is can do everything. What I really enjoy is the comfort, This has to be one of the most comfortable small to midsize SUV's on the market. I love that it does look different, it is not one of those cookie cutter designs,it stands out. Some people say ugly, I say just different, and alot of people agree me!

OK, so I actually LIKE the looks!
By vairbird on 03/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Pontiac Aztek Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This has been a great vehicle! Tons of space, great gas mleage for it's size/ class (regularly avg about 22mpg), tows our 3000lb camper without problem, Absolutely NO service issues in 31k miles.