2001 Pontiac Aztek 3.4L V6 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - The Best UGLY car you

2001 Pontiac Aztek - Consumer Review

Base 4dr SUV (3.4L V6 4-speed Automatic)

The Best UGLY car you could ask for.
By magicbus20 on

2001 Pontiac Aztek Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

167,000 miles is much more than I wanted when getting my first vehicle. This thing was ok and gave me a great experience. It lasted a littler over 200,000 before I gave up on her. (I can't tell for sure because of a short in the odometer.) Which brings me to the first con, electronics. There were a couple of shorts and other weird things happening. The transmission started to shift hard and slip out of gear on hot days. Overall I trusted this car with my life. Usually got me point a to b until a cold winter day. Heater had gone for some time and finally she overheated and kicked the bed, or so I thought. Family mechanic brought her from the dead. Still rotting in the yard.

Favorite Features

Becomes a tent! Air compressor conveniently located behind hatch. Seats 5 and fold the seats for extra cargo or an air mattress. The tailgate has seats and cup holders etched into it. Simple design and easy to drive. Privacy glass and a lot of standard features! Least favorite- Trans. issues, overheats, wire issues, wheel issues, brake issues. Ugly interior cloth stains easily. Obviously the entire exterior too.

Suggested Improvements

Overall build quality. Cosmetics need vast improvements. Better looking interior as well. It came WELL equipped.