Used 2001 Pontiac Aztek Consumer Reviews - 109 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Pontiac Aztek - Consumer Reviews

2001 Pontiac Aztek

View reviews for a specific Aztek model:

keep it for life
By derek16

2001 Pontiac Aztek Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have had this car for about a year now and i love it! When i first got it the temp. gauge went out so i returned it to the car dealer ship. They tried to fix it but the just broke it even worse and the broke the gas gauge. But i know when im gonaa run out. It is in the shop because the air conditoner compresser fell off but what can u expect. Every car will need work done to it eventualy. I have treat this car like crap and it has only broke down onec. Everyone says that it is good on the snow but i have ran into many curbs and bent the rims. All in all this is the best car that i have had and i plan to switch to the torrent when this one goes out. Very roomy. Hope this was helpful.

The hatch back, Theres alot of room, CD player, drives very smooth, nice road trip car.

get alloy wheels not steel wheels with hubcaps.

Best Vehicle Ever!
By Best Vehicle Ever

2001 Pontiac Aztek GT AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

You must purchase this vehicle! It is hands down the best vehicle I have ever owned. I have purchased brand new vehicles time and time again. This time I thought it would be smart to pay cash for a vehicle. The Aztek's are priced low and literally the best vehicle I have ever owned. I work at a large dealership and it literally drives better than a brand new vehicle! Really reliable I've never had a problem which is amazing with such high mileage. This vehicle is in showroom condition even the leather is like new. Pontiac really made a sound vehicle this time! Really pround of my vehicle, and enjoy driving it each and everyday! After getting out of new vehicles I look forward to mine! Buy 1!

Bluetooth, Pioneer Navigation w/ sound system and factory subs. Bucket two- toned leather heated seats. The overall ride and gas mileage!

adjustable rear seats to allow for more leg-room. I wish they would have done a power sunroof with the OnStar option, then my vehicle would literally have everything!

Love my Aztek
By LostNotForgotton

2001 Pontiac Aztek GT Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have never had a problem with my Aztek. I put nearly 30,000 miles a year on it and it has never given me any trouble. My Aztek is fully loaded with the exception of AWD and heated seats. The heads up display is a cool feature. The storage tray is convenient although if you set anything on it while drive it will slide around. I think the storage tray should have been coated with a rubber surface. The onboard air pump should be standard on all vehicles. I can pump up an air mattress, basketball or all of my tires. The 6 disc in-dash CD player and factory 10 speaker Pioneer sound system are great. I would say the engine is a little under powered for the weight but overall I love my Aztek.

Heads up display, in-dash 6 disc changer with 10 speaker sound system, rear storage tray, on board air compressor, I average 24-25 MPG (70/30 Highway/Back roads) very accommodating interior and I like the exterior design.

Biggest drawback is that engine is under powered compared to its weight so the Aztek is a little sluggish. If items are placed on the rear storage tray they WILL slide around while driving. The designers should have used a rubber coating on top of the tray so items will stay in place better.

Switching To Ford or Foreign!
By TonyaHarding

2001 Pontiac Aztek Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

When the Aztek was introduced, it was love at first sight! I just HAD to have one! Six pricey years later, I can't wait to get rid of it. I gave it a 5 for reliability because it's never broken down and left me stranded, but only a 5 because it's been one thing after another with this vehicle. Three A/C condensers,odometer went out so had to replace ENTIRE display, heat/AC control went out, dual temp control went out, head gasket, gas gauge doesn't work, driver side window, black trim paint started fading and peeling away when 4 years old, roof rack clamps rattle in wind, taillights and center brake light weathered & cracked @ 4 years. 5th GM car AND my last! Ford or foreign next time!

Design, comfort, features.

Crush it.

2001 Aztek things I learned
By mike

2001 Pontiac Aztek Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car in 2008, with only 63K miles on it for 5K. Needed to put on new AC condenser, which the dealership wanted $1,100. I bought a reconditioned one on ebay for $200, and then a shop installed for $75 Also I problems with steering PULLING hard left, and then hard right, until I noticed that there were two different brand of tires on front. Once I bought two new tires that matched, it drives like a dream. I still get lights that flash on the dash, I keep taking it in, and , two weeks later they come on again.

quirky, rear hatch room, sit high off road, quiet, room, radio

wow this ac condenser is in every review ! We get bad gas mileage, 16-18; and was looking for suggestions on this site