1990 Pontiac 6000 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 6000 model:
The Best Car You Will Own
By daoustaj on 11/21/09 17:19 PM (PST)

1990 Pontiac 6000 LE 4dr Sedan

I bought a 1990 Pontiac 6000 with 55000 miles on it and i had it for about 3.5 years and i didnt have any major problems. Its has good suspension, extremely reliable and I miss it, I sold it cuz i wanted a newer car! Just radiator, alternator battery, some wires and exhaust system ( I plowed throgh atleast a foot of snow often in winter - great in snow!) Just general things to be replaced on and older vehicle. I loved the car and sold it with about 105000 miles. great car i wish they made them brand new i would be the first customer.

Great used car
By karen on 06/02/08 12:10 PM (PDT)

1990 Pontiac 6000 LE 4dr Sedan

I got a great deal on this car. It drives great and even the kids love the comfort of the seats. I don't particularly like the style but as you drive up to this one it looks nice in the driveway. My husband wants it for his own and is waiting for a roadtrip to try it out. I thank the previous owner of this one for taking such good care of it.

this is the all time car !!!!!!!!!
By CAZ on 07/13/05 16:41 PM (PDT)

1990 Pontiac 6000 LE 4dr Sedan

I really am attached to my pontiac 6000 because it forms a part of my family. It took me from Miami, Florida to Guatemala and never had any stops unless for gas of course. But it is just magnificent and hoping that you can design more of these cars with the same strength and stamina they are known for.Im sure more people will be intrested because it is a well- responding family car! Thank you and Please dont discontinue them!!!!!

Fun Car
By melroxanne on 02/16/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Pontiac 6000 LE 4dr Sedan

I initally bought the car to have transportation to and from work and to take my son back and forth to daycare, but now I love the car it has been very low maintainance. I think it is so fun to take on the interstate and people are suprised when I am passing them in a pontiac. ha ha!

Great car for it's time and even still
By Krispy Kreme on 08/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Pontiac 6000 LE 4dr Sedan

The car is wonderful. Outstanding performance even still. There really aren't any problems except for a cracked cylinder head, but runs great considering.

Richard C. Gaffney, III
By Rich III on 07/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Pontiac 6000 LE 4dr Sedan

My vehicle runs good and the right fender need to be replace soon. the upper right front window have hole on it and need to be fix. The roof have rust and need to repant. The performace run good and pretty good idle.. The starter system is ok because "Hard to start"

Fun and reliable
By tux on 06/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Pontiac 6000 LE 4dr Sedan

Fun and reliable for a 14 year old car. Gas mileage is pretty good too. Good starter car.

Great First Car
By vetteman on 11/08/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Pontiac 6000 LE 4dr Sedan

This is a great vehicle! Even though I am still a teenager I love this little four door! My car is an '87 6000le that has been in the family since it was new. It has been there when we needed it on long road trips and just plain short trips around the block. The only propblem was that the control mod. went out and that was a pain to replace. The engine is a powerful 2.8L multi-port injection that always had power under the pedal with no hesitation. It truly is a wonderful car!

Garbage
By Berty on 08/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Pontiac 6000 LE 4dr Sedan

It honestly deserved better than all "1"s but I did it intentionally to bring down it's 8.8 rating to something more realistic like a 5. Handles like a shopping kart, makes about as much rattling noise, poor brakes, fuel economy, and poor reliability. 3.1 L engine has decent power and it's pretty comfortable.

'88 6000
By Joshua Krause on 03/05/02 16:37 PM (PST)

1990 Pontiac 6000 LE 4dr Sedan

I drove an '88 6000 for three years and have never been that impressed witht he reliability of this car. I sold it 02/02 and it still ran great even with 160,000 miles on it. I have to say that eveyone who thinks that America can't build a car, should go drive one of these.