Used 2000 Plymouth Voyager Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Plymouth Voyager Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Voyager model:

Still strong
By siriusstar

2000 Plymouth Voyager Minivan SE 4dr Minivan

Bought from a family member, been in the family since new. Has been an outstanding van. Reliable, runs great. aside from tires and routine maintenance, one new starter and a seal leak that was an easy fix, GREAT family vehicle. Only complaint is the A/C has never been strong enough to keep the inside comfortable in the summer, have had it checked over and over, tweaks here and there, nothing has helped with that. In Arizona, that's pretty annoying.

Spacious and easy to care for and drive.

Power up the A/C, keep providing support and parts for these.

I musta got a good one
By dap56

2000 Plymouth Voyager Minivan 3dr Minivan

7 passenger, 3.3LV6, with driver's side sliding door, 95,000 miles, and just had my first semi major repair (starter). The rest of the car is original, even the marker bulbs. One serpentine belt change, it's on its 3rd set of tires and brakes, which is all normal maintenance on any car along with oil and filter changes every 5000 miles. I'll probably swap out hoses, belts and fluids at 100k just as a matter of principle. Very comfortable and has been more reliable than my wife's Honda Accord. Now that the kids are gone, I'd like to get rid of it for something that gets better mileage, but I just can't justify it.

Comfort, flexibility of interior, reliability, decent power and handling.

Seats are heavy, should fold into floor like the newer models.

Great vehicle for 8 years
By Peter B

2000 Plymouth Voyager Minivan SE 4dr Minivan

We bought this vehicle new in 2000. Since then we have put on 172,000 miles with almost no problems. One $80 dollar sensor and a $220 transmission leak. That's it other than stuff you would normally have to service. Not the most flashy vehicle but a solid value.

Great vision when you are driving in the day. Decent mileage for a van - 25 -26 on the highway and 20 in town. Dependability.

I hate the tinted windows at night. Impossible to see where you are backing. Also hate the depreciation the van had.

hmmm...(scratching head)
By javajane

2000 Plymouth Voyager Minivan SE 4dr Minivan

This was a great size for our family of 5 and for toting around sports gear and all the kids' friends. But now that I will be traveling longer distances, need something more fuel-efficient. Also had issues with wiper arm; replaced 3 times in 2 years - go figure! And at $70 a pop, that adds up. We are trading down to a smaller size.

Electric windows, great a/c, 4 doors.

Wiper arm mechanisms--PLEASE!

Don't buy this van!
By bimmerphile

2000 Plymouth Voyager Minivan SE 4dr Minivan

If you want to purchase transmissions like they're going out of style, then the 2000 Plymouth Voyager is the van for you. When I initially purchased it in 2002, I had no idea they had such a penchant for going through transmissions. Come to fine out, the have done this for over a decade, and Chrysler has done nothing to remedy the problem. They keep selling a van to the public knowing the transmission will fail. It's irresponsible and immoral. I'm on my third transmission now with less than 100,000 miles. For this reason alone, don't buy this van.

I like what minivans have to offer in general. Convenience with kids and reasonalbe gas mileage.

Stop putting a transmission you know will fail into new cars and pushing them on the public. There are entire websites devoted to how crappy these transmissions are. Fix the problem that you know exists!