2000 Plymouth Voyager Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Voyager model:
Still strong
By siriusstar on 01/23/13 17:06 PM (PST)

2000 Plymouth Voyager Minivan SE 4dr Minivan

Bought from a family member, been in the family since new. Has been an outstanding van. Reliable, runs great. aside from tires and routine maintenance, one new starter and a seal leak that was an easy fix, GREAT family vehicle. Only complaint is the A/C has never been strong enough to keep the inside comfortable in the summer, have had it checked over and over, tweaks here and there, nothing has helped with that. In Arizona, that's pretty annoying.

I musta got a good one
By dap56 on 02/10/10 13:39 PM (PST)

2000 Plymouth Voyager Minivan 3dr Minivan

7 passenger, 3.3LV6, with driver's side sliding door, 95,000 miles, and just had my first semi major repair (starter). The rest of the car is original, even the marker bulbs. One serpentine belt change, it's on its 3rd set of tires and brakes, which is all normal maintenance on any car along with oil and filter changes every 5000 miles. I'll probably swap out hoses, belts and fluids at 100k just as a matter of principle. Very comfortable and has been more reliable than my wife's Honda Accord. Now that the kids are gone, I'd like to get rid of it for something that gets better mileage, but I just can't justify it.

Great vehicle for 8 years
By Peter B on 10/04/07 18:17 PM (PDT)

2000 Plymouth Voyager Minivan SE 4dr Minivan

We bought this vehicle new in 2000. Since then we have put on 172,000 miles with almost no problems. One $80 dollar sensor and a $220 transmission leak. That's it other than stuff you would normally have to service. Not the most flashy vehicle but a solid value.

hmmm...(scratching head)
By javajane on 06/21/05 19:01 PM (PDT)

2000 Plymouth Voyager Minivan SE 4dr Minivan

This was a great size for our family of 5 and for toting around sports gear and all the kids' friends. But now that I will be traveling longer distances, need something more fuel-efficient. Also had issues with wiper arm; replaced 3 times in 2 years - go figure! And at $70 a pop, that adds up. We are trading down to a smaller size.

Don't buy this van!
By bimmerphile on 01/27/05 10:33 AM (PST)

2000 Plymouth Voyager Minivan SE 4dr Minivan

If you want to purchase transmissions like they're going out of style, then the 2000 Plymouth Voyager is the van for you. When I initially purchased it in 2002, I had no idea they had such a penchant for going through transmissions. Come to fine out, the have done this for over a decade, and Chrysler has done nothing to remedy the problem. They keep selling a van to the public knowing the transmission will fail. It's irresponsible and immoral. I'm on my third transmission now with less than 100,000 miles. For this reason alone, don't buy this van.

2000 SE Voyager - Pretty Good
By zatex on 03/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Plymouth Voyager Minivan SE 4dr Minivan

I've now had this vehicle for 4 years. In these years, I have had transmission problems twice and brake problems once. Have replaced the tyres once. But overall this has been a good buy. Whoever owned it before me, put on 30,000 miles in 6 months! Since then, I've only added another 33,100! She's been fair on fuel consumption (avg 17 mpg mostly short drives of 2-3 miles at a time). Very easy drive, and puts the kids to sleep easily too!

2000 SE VOYAGER SWB 7 PASS.
By Not2bad on 06/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Plymouth Voyager Minivan SE 4dr Minivan

Was the best deal at the time.I only have 29,000 miles at present.Had turn signal problems,it took the dealer 2 times to fix them for good,but no big deal.the transmision had a severe shifting problem once,took it back to dealer and they replaced some kind of switch,and it was fine after that.If your on a tight budget,and you get a warranty,its not bad

Plodding but Reliable Workhorse
By mazebl on 02/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Plymouth Voyager Minivan SE 4dr Minivan

Fourth van of this type. Had three grands before this one. This van: replaced master cylinder, battery, one tire. This all occurred in the second year. I do think the grands are better quality overall. This one smelled like a lemon from the start.

Mini Van
By n2deeptn on 12/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Plymouth Voyager Minivan SE 4dr Minivan

Bought new. My wife drives this van 50,000 in two years. Replaced water pump, brakes,battery, and tires. Not too bad

Bad Reliability
By trekiew on 09/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Plymouth Voyager Minivan SE 4dr Minivan

Have had multiple mechanical problems. Though it is still covered under waranty, still is a big hassle. In the last year, we have had transmission replaced, the A/C compressor replaced, belts replaced, something in the steering column, etc... The dealership has been friendly - but enough is enough!