1994 Plymouth Voyager - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Voyager model:
By Grand Voyager on 07/23/09 02:48 AM (PDT)

Nice auto at 260,000 Miles. Starts each day and EXTREMELY reliable

Lots of room, but...
By mysubie1 on 08/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Plymouth Voyager 3dr Minivan

This thing was great for its space. We used to haul lots of people and lots of big bulky stuff (bulky things you can't fit in newer, narrower minivans). But I can't trust it to always get us where we want to go anymore. It only has 96000 on it and we've spent the last couple of years replacing small mechanical parts. Now that the tranny is going and it is eating oil (blowing it out the tailpipe) it's time to replace. Sad really, we were nice to it.

Transmission Problems
By GRH on 06/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Plymouth Voyager 3dr Minivan

Engine ran fine. Gas mileage great. Design good. AC was a problem area. The transmissions were garbage. Went through 3 transmissions in 150k and I maintain my vehicles well and drive them gently. I have 4 friends / relatives that have owned different years of Voyagers and Caravans and they also have had inordinate amounts of transmission problems. It was because of the transmission problems I did not by another Dodge mini van. I just traded and switched to another brand. The Caravan would be economical if not for the AC and the tranny problems.

Not Much Wrong with it
By JRWRENCH24 on 02/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Plymouth Voyager SE 3dr Minivan

The only thing wrong with the drivetrain is that my van has a reverse delay, if you give it gas while it's trying to go into reverse it will hit the reverse gear badly and go back into neutral.

1994 Voyager Review
By tunner on 01/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Plymouth Voyager SE 3dr Minivan

This car is good for taking things to the dump, moving goods from one apartment to the next and bringing home the Christmas tree (inside). It's also good when more than 4 people want to ride in the family car at the same time. It's functional, not sporty. We've been having transmission problems and will need to have it replaced or rebuilt.

Overall a good family van!
By rhyde on 10/31/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Plymouth Voyager SE 3dr Minivan

We bought this van 4 years ago -- it was 4 years old with 40K miles. We've put 50K miles on it. It's a great family car capable of hauling lots of stuff. We remove the seats to haul furniture, wood, big boxes, etc. We have the 3.3L engine and we tow a trailer behind our van. We do wear out tires rather quickly. Since we've owned it, the dealership has replaced the air conditioning system, the two power motors which control the rear window vents and the windshield wiper motor gears. No transmission problems though!

Great All around Vehicle
By Dallen47 on 07/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Plymouth Voyager 3dr Minivan

Bought used at 41,000 miles. Needed new transmish right away(warrantee). Other than normal wear and tear has performed well. Not much power in the 4 cylinder. Gas was worse than expected 18-22 MPG. Has done everything I have asked it to do, passengers and cargo. Have 88,000 and engine light keeps coming on. I'm told it's a vacuum leak??? Don't know where???? Great Family Vehicle!!!!!!!!

GOOD FAMILY HAULER
By MBOWKER on 03/04/02 12:42 PM (PST)

1994 Plymouth Voyager LE 3dr Minivan

I BOUGHT USED W/60k. DRIVES WELL, PLENTY OF POWER, NOT A SPORTS CAR THOUGH. NO PROBLEMS OTHER THAN REMOTE MIRROR CONTROLS

1994 Base Voyger
By J. Wininger on 02/26/02 11:34 AM (PST)

1994 Plymouth Voyager 3dr Minivan

Purchased new in Sep 1993. Drives and looks good. Several minor recalls but nothing major. 3.0L engine has plenty of power, and the 3 speed automatic transmission is bullet proof(un-like the 4 speed) Good basic transportation for my family of five.