Used 1993 Plymouth Voyager Consumer Reviews - 10 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Plymouth Voyager - Consumer Reviews

1993 Plymouth Voyager

View reviews for a specific Voyager model:

Comfort the ultimate climax
By Joe

1993 Plymouth Voyager 3dr Minivan

Bought this 'stick' in 96 with 30k...average maintenance cost $200...use it primarily for long distance comfort climax vacations of 1k miles or more...avg about 7k yearly mostly highway type...beginning to rust but still safe with original trans, motor, doesn't burn oil.....the best for outward visibility and most comfortable vehicle ever! that's why I keep it. Have tried many other vehicles for distance driving, but 'no' match with the 93...I'll be missed. Someday

Great deal
By Sergio

1993 Plymouth Voyager SE 3dr Minivan

I love my little voyager! I paid 600 bucks and it is worthy of each one. never let me down or let me on street. I highly recommend this van. Cheap and reliable transportation for my family. it is not a beautiful van but for 600 bucks it bring us from TX to CT without problems.

lots of room, interior storage, comfortable

Car built to be beaten
By LostRealist

1993 Plymouth Voyager 3dr Minivan

This car was amazing when we had it. Unfortunately it died a few months ago, and was becoming very unsafe. The engine blew after it only reached 116,000 miles, but it was a hard 116. It was originally our family car, then given to my brother, then to me. Two teenage drivers took its toll. It could haul very heavy loads with ease, was decent on gas, and very roomy. The car ran for about 3-4 years with a bad transmission, poor alignment, damaged suspension, broken water pump, and a massive coolant leak (for the last 1 and a half it ran on straight water as the coolant). The car was amazingly tough, and only went in for routine maintainence. It was easy to repair too.

The roominess, reliability (you don't see many cars like this one these days), performance, and toughness.

None really, the car was just a little too primitive in its design, but probably just because it was so old.

93 Grand Voyager, one owner 13 years
By D. Toombs

1993 Plymouth Voyager 3dr Minivan

This vehicle was the second Voyager we have owned. Our first was a 1985 which was also purchased new. Presently, we have 316,000 km. on the van. The 3.0 engine has seen two water pumps, two timing belts and routine spark plugs, air filtres etc. The three speed tranny died at 70,000 km and an independent garage diagnosed the problem. The dealer had installed an auxilliary cooler at my request. It was installed in tandem with the cooler in the radiator. This slowed the flow of the fluid to a crawl and the works plugged up. Lesson learned. I now change the fluid myself every 50,000 KM and it is fine. The other secrets are 1.oil and filtre every 5,000 km and anti-freeze flush/change 50,000 km.

No fancy bells and whistles. Fairly easy to work on for a back yard mechanic. Cheap parts. Reliable set of wheels for 13 years. Pulls a light camper trailer with no trouble. Hauls all sorts of stuff from kids and friends to junk to the dump. It has been the Swiss Army knife of vehicles.

The interior trim needs to be made of some sort of plastic which does NOT self destruct (the '85 model was the same ) It also needs paint which adheres to the roof. Use only the push- rod 3.3 - already done. A standard transmission for those of us who have no faith in or use for automatics. Better front seat belts, the originals stink.

AWESOME VEHICLE It can't be beat
By John & Family

1993 Plymouth Voyager LE 3dr Minivan

We purchased our minivan used in 1997
when purchased it had 60,000 miles.
Put in new transmission in at 100k
miles and now with 170,000 we have
just had the timing belt replaced. I
would say we have well spent our money
and