1993 Plymouth Voyager Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Plymouth Voyager - Consumer Reviews

1993 Voyager Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Voyager model:

Sort Reviews by

Great deal
By Sergio

1993 Plymouth Voyager SE 3dr Minivan

I love my little voyager! I paid 600 bucks and it is worthy of each one. never let me down or let me on street. I highly recommend this van. Cheap and reliable transportation for my family. it is not a beautiful van but for 600 bucks it bring us from TX to CT without problems.

Favorite Features

lots of room, interior storage, comfortable

Car built to be beaten
By LostRealist

1993 Plymouth Voyager 3dr Minivan

This car was amazing when we had it. Unfortunately it died a few months ago, and was becoming very unsafe. The engine blew after it only reached 116,000 miles, but it was a hard 116. It was originally our family car, then given to my brother, then to me. Two teenage drivers took its toll. It could haul very heavy loads with ease, was decent on gas, and very roomy. The car ran for about 3-4 years with a bad transmission, poor alignment, damaged suspension, broken water pump, and a massive coolant leak (for the last 1 and a half it ran on straight water as the coolant). The car was amazingly tough, and only went in for routine maintainence. It was easy to repair too.

Favorite Features

The roominess, reliability (you don't see many cars like this one these days), performance, and toughness.

Suggested Improvements

None really, the car was just a little too primitive in its design, but probably just because it was so old.

93 Grand Voyager, one owner 13 years
By D. Toombs

1993 Plymouth Voyager 3dr Minivan

This vehicle was the second Voyager we have owned. Our first was a 1985 which was also purchased new. Presently, we have 316,000 km. on the van. The 3.0 engine has seen two water pumps, two timing belts and routine spark plugs, air filtres etc. The three speed tranny died at 70,000 km and an independent garage diagnosed the problem. The dealer had installed an auxilliary cooler at my request. It was installed in tandem with the cooler in the radiator. This slowed the flow of the fluid to a crawl and the works plugged up. Lesson learned. I now change the fluid myself every 50,000 KM and it is fine. The other secrets are 1.oil and filtre every 5,000 km and anti-freeze flush/change 50,000 km.

Favorite Features

No fancy bells and whistles. Fairly easy to work on for a back yard mechanic. Cheap parts. Reliable set of wheels for 13 years. Pulls a light camper trailer with no trouble. Hauls all sorts of stuff from kids and friends to junk to the dump. It has been the Swiss Army knife of vehicles.

Suggested Improvements

The interior trim needs to be made of some sort of plastic which does NOT self destruct (the '85 model was the same ) It also needs paint which adheres to the roof. Use only the push- rod 3.3 - already done. A standard transmission for those of us who have no faith in or use for automatics. Better front seat belts, the originals stink.

AWESOME VEHICLE It can't be beat
By John & Family

1993 Plymouth Voyager LE 3dr Minivan

We purchased our minivan used in 1997 when purchased it had 60,000 miles. Put in new transmission in at 100k miles and now with 170,000 we have just had the timing belt replaced. I would say we have well spent our money and

Most reliable vehicle I ever owned!!
By pwhatley

1993 Plymouth Voyager 3dr Minivan

I bought this van in 1996 with 83K miles on it. It now has 190,000K on it.This van hasn't ever broken down on us in 7 years!!(knock on wood) We put it in the shop once and that was to get the timing belt changed. The original alternator was just replaced a couple months ago!! My wife wants a newer van,but I hate to get rid of this one!! Would recommend this van to anyone!!

Favorite Features

I like the storage drawer under the passenger seat and the storage bins in the rear seating area.

Suggested Improvements

I'm sure they have made improvements to the new models,but I would like to see the following changes: more leg room on the front pass.side;easier to remove rear seats;bigger glove box and an inside rear hatch release.

Viva Plymouth!
By Samuel Smith

1993 Plymouth Voyager SE 3dr Minivan

We bought this van in '97 with 60,000 miles. It proved to be the best vehicle purchase we've made. The short vans seem to drive, handle and accelerate better than the "grand" vans, and the performance of the 3.0 litre engine coupled with the 3-speed is very good. We did have to rebuild the transmission at 108,000K but we shoped around and found a shop to do it for $900. The vehicle now has 175,000K and still runs strong even though it burns oil. Next mini-van? No thanks, I think I'll stick a rebuilt engine and tranny in this one. Viva Plymouth!

Not much here.
By justin

1993 Plymouth Voyager SE 3dr Minivan

Not a real relible van at all it's engine starts making sounds at abuot 25,000 miles and transmision goes out at 100,000.

Favorite Features

None

Suggested Improvements

About everything

Not much here.
By Justin

1993 Plymouth Voyager SE 3dr Minivan

Favorite Features

None

Suggested Improvements

About everything

WONDERFUL DEAL
By nicks

1993 Plymouth Voyager LE 3dr Minivan

BOUGHT THIS VAN AS AN EXTRA FOR THE FAMILY, WE NOW DRIVE IT AS THE PRIMARY ONE. IT HAS 114,000 MILES ON IT AND NEVER GIVES A BIT OF TROUBLE. PLENTY OF ROOM FOR OUR FAMILY OF FIVE WITH GOOD GAS MILAGE. THIS VAN WAS A GREAT BUY FOR US. STRONGLY RECOMEND IT.

Favorite Features

VERY RELIABLE AND COMFORTABLE FOR TALL PASSENGERS

Suggested Improvements

THE ONLY DOWN SIDE TO MY VAN IS THE ABSENCE OF CRUISE CONTROL