1993 Plymouth Voyager - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Voyager model:
Great deal
By Sergio on 08/23/10 16:41 PM (PDT)

1993 Plymouth Voyager SE 3dr Minivan

I love my little voyager! I paid 600 bucks and it is worthy of each one. never let me down or let me on street. I highly recommend this van. Cheap and reliable transportation for my family. it is not a beautiful van but for 600 bucks it bring us from TX to CT without problems.

Car built to be beaten
By LostRealist on 06/15/06 21:24 PM (PDT)

1993 Plymouth Voyager 3dr Minivan

This car was amazing when we had it. Unfortunately it died a few months ago, and was becoming very unsafe. The engine blew after it only reached 116,000 miles, but it was a hard 116. It was originally our family car, then given to my brother, then to me. Two teenage drivers took its toll. It could haul very heavy loads with ease, was decent on gas, and very roomy. The car ran for about 3-4 years with a bad transmission, poor alignment, damaged suspension, broken water pump, and a massive coolant leak (for the last 1 and a half it ran on straight water as the coolant). The car was amazingly tough, and only went in for routine maintainence. It was easy to repair too.

93 Grand Voyager, one owner 13 years
By D. Toombs on 03/10/06 11:59 AM (PST)

1993 Plymouth Voyager 3dr Minivan

This vehicle was the second Voyager we have owned. Our first was a 1985 which was also purchased new. Presently, we have 316,000 km. on the van. The 3.0 engine has seen two water pumps, two timing belts and routine spark plugs, air filtres etc. The three speed tranny died at 70,000 km and an independent garage diagnosed the problem. The dealer had installed an auxilliary cooler at my request. It was installed in tandem with the cooler in the radiator. This slowed the flow of the fluid to a crawl and the works plugged up. Lesson learned. I now change the fluid myself every 50,000 KM and it is fine. The other secrets are 1.oil and filtre every 5,000 km and anti-freeze flush/change 50,000 km.

AWESOME VEHICLE It can't be beat
By John & Family on 03/06/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Plymouth Voyager LE 3dr Minivan

We purchased our minivan used in 1997 when purchased it had 60,000 miles. Put in new transmission in at 100k miles and now with 170,000 we have just had the timing belt replaced. I would say we have well spent our money and

Most reliable vehicle I ever owned!!
By pwhatley on 07/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Plymouth Voyager 3dr Minivan

I bought this van in 1996 with 83K miles on it. It now has 190,000K on it.This van hasn't ever broken down on us in 7 years!!(knock on wood) We put it in the shop once and that was to get the timing belt changed. The original alternator was just replaced a couple months ago!! My wife wants a newer van,but I hate to get rid of this one!! Would recommend this van to anyone!!

Viva Plymouth!
By Samuel Smith on 05/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Plymouth Voyager SE 3dr Minivan

We bought this van in '97 with 60,000 miles. It proved to be the best vehicle purchase we've made. The short vans seem to drive, handle and accelerate better than the "grand" vans, and the performance of the 3.0 litre engine coupled with the 3-speed is very good. We did have to rebuild the transmission at 108,000K but we shoped around and found a shop to do it for $900. The vehicle now has 175,000K and still runs strong even though it burns oil. Next mini-van? No thanks, I think I'll stick a rebuilt engine and tranny in this one. Viva Plymouth!

Not much here.
By justin on 10/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Plymouth Voyager SE 3dr Minivan

Not a real relible van at all it's engine starts making sounds at abuot 25,000 miles and transmision goes out at 100,000.

Not much here.
By Justin on 10/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

WONDERFUL DEAL
By nicks on 08/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Plymouth Voyager LE 3dr Minivan

BOUGHT THIS VAN AS AN EXTRA FOR THE FAMILY, WE NOW DRIVE IT AS THE PRIMARY ONE. IT HAS 114,000 MILES ON IT AND NEVER GIVES A BIT OF TROUBLE. PLENTY OF ROOM FOR OUR FAMILY OF FIVE WITH GOOD GAS MILAGE. THIS VAN WAS A GREAT BUY FOR US. STRONGLY RECOMEND IT.