Great Tank!
By Kevin on
1992 Plymouth Voyager 3dr Minivan
Best car I've ever owned. It's gone almost 200,000 miles with only a few problems. Nothing major until 150K when transmission went out. Around 178K the fuel pump went, and at around 190K the alternator died. That's really about it. The engine now has some blow-by issues (Mitsubishi 3.0L) through the valve train, and am thinking about trading the car in, but I'm having trouble finding one on the used lots that drives as well as this one does. I may just fix it and keep on trucking! Even with this issue, I wouldn't hesitate to take it on a long trip, as long as I had some oil in the back. No reason to buy imports when domestics are just this good.
Favorite Features
Seating for 7, cargo space when empty. Decent power from 3.0L/3 speed transmission combo. Reliable and safe.
Suggested Improvements
Typical minivan styling (hey, you don't buy these things for looks, do you?), difficult to take bench seats out (this design predates the roller seats, much less the new stowing seats). Very large turning radius for a car that is shorter than a full size sedan.