Used 1994 Plymouth Sundance Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Plymouth Sundance - Consumer Reviews

1994 Plymouth Sundance

View reviews for a specific Sundance model:

Wish I could keep it!
By trire

1994 Plymouth Sundance 4dr Hatchback

I bought this car with 15,000 miles from the Avis rental. It has been SO reliable. Too bad they are no longer made. I have to purchase newer car since this has 126,000 miles with minimal repair over its lifetime. Time for an upgrade and I am sad to see it go. It was driven across country twice and from NE to Florida five times...

Favorite Features

very comfortable seats; good handling with the front wheel drive, hatchback when needed, 4 door sedan most of the time

Suggested Improvements

the paint is now peeling

Quick and reliable
By Tony K.

1994 Plymouth Sundance Duster 4dr Hatchback

My Duster now has 120,000 miles and still runs strong. The V6 is pretty quick. Interior is nice with woodgrain dash. Replaced the transmission at 85,000, but besides that no major problems. Very reliable and gets great gas mileage.

Favorite Features

V6 engine, keyless entry, reliability.

Suggested Improvements

Not much room for a 4 door, paint tends to chip.

My Plymouth Rocks!
By The Slab

1994 Plymouth Sundance 4dr Hatchback

I bought my 2.2 liter 4-door hatchback from a rental car agency in 1995 with 35k on the odometer. Plain Jane and reliable as the day is long. I now have 162K miles on it with no major mechanical problems. It refuses to quit. Paint is peeling and hubcap fell off when I got new tires, but mechanically this thing always starts and always gets me to my destination. I'm 6'4" 220 lbs and I fit very comfortably in it, which is one reason I bought it. I love it and I hope to get at least 200K miles out of it. Handles great in the snow and gets about 26 mpg on the highway, not bad for an old beast.

Favorite Features

Comfortable and roomy for big guys. Engine is piece of cake to work on. Oil change is a breeze. Doesn't quit. No one wants to steal it or break into it. Durable and handles pretty well. Absolutely a great, reliable car.

Suggested Improvements

More power.

Fun Car to Drive and Lots of Repairs
By mnslappy

1994 Plymouth Sundance Duster 4dr Hatchback

I bought this car with 8,000 miles on it back in 1995. Had it until fall 2003 when the head gasket failed and the head got cracked. Had 120,000 miles on it at the time. Not worth the 700-1000 to fix it. Replaced the automatic transmission (a common complaint witht the 94 Duster) at 30,000 miles, replaced the rack and pinion system at 40,000 miles, air conditioner failed at around 70,000 miles. Despite all the repairs it was always a fun little car to drive, great cornering, and great power with the V-6.

Favorite Features

V-6 destroys

1994 Plymouth Sundance Duster
By pholland

1994 Plymouth Sundance Duster 4dr Hatchback

I bought this car new in 1994. I had no problems with this car until last summer I had to replace the tranmission. It drive nice it handles very well on ice and snow. the oil has been changed every 3,000 mies and tuned up. It has all road miles. The interior is very nice. It has cruise tilt radio w/cassette air conditioning automatic on floor.the exterior is nice except for a few door dings.

Favorite Features

air conditioning tilt and cruise

Suggested Improvements

I wish it wrote a little smoother.