1994 Plymouth Sundance - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sundance model:
Plymouth? More like Cadillac of Cars
By Paul Baldasi on 02/09/10 08:36 AM (PST)

1994 Plymouth Sundance 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car to get me too and from work with 112 000km on it. It skips into 2nd gear with big whine on the tranny. It dosent always shift into 4th gear if I can get it up to 80km/h that is. It has always gotten me to work on time thou. Only had to replace one radiator and there does seem to be an alignment problem causing odd tire wear on the front wheels. Currently still driving it with 170000Km+ on her.

She won't die!
By esteroids3 on 05/31/09 13:35 PM (PDT)

1994 Plymouth Sundance 4dr Hatchback

I bought this car to help a friend that was moving, never meaning to keep it. That was at 140,000 miles. Now at 199,640 I'm still amazed that she won't die! Oil changes, plugs and belts, plus an alt., a battery and a new timing belt--in 6 years. Cold starts at 20 below 0 (she's an Alaska car). Great beater, starter car, whatever--and still gets 27 mpg!

Best Of The Best
By Rick on 02/07/09 06:02 AM (PST)

1994 Plymouth Sundance 2dr Hatchback

I have owned many, many cars and trucks over the years, but this one takes the trophey! This lil car has served greatly and now I am givining it to my Son in law to use because his car has died and he needs a good dependable car to get to work and back. I was the second owner of the car and for paying $5000 for it back in 1998 was alot to me, but as I look back now, well worth every penny. I never had a problem with it! it had great power and super gas milage (35 mpg) with that 5 speed... It handled great! Kept it tuned, changed the oil, and gave her a bath, and she treated me well! Even in the Sub-Zero temps in Wisconsin, Started every time. Now I passed her on, and she continues........

I Love my Plymouth Sundance !
By Don on 12/18/05 23:43 PM (PST)

1994 Plymouth Sundance 4dr Hatchback

I bought my car from a private seller four months ago. Other than minor things like tune ups, it has been great. It is currently reading 265,000 miles on the odometer. As of now the only thing wrong with it is the oxygen sensor and the valve seals are bad (which is typical of this type of engine with high mileage) which causes white smoke to come from the exaust. Other than that it runs great!

No Major Fixes
By Wheeler on 08/03/05 14:47 PM (PDT)

1994 Plymouth Sundance 4dr Hatchback

I've had the car for 4 years with no major mechanical problems. My father and my brother have also owned one. My fathers lasted for 240,000 miles until the body rusted out. It's not the best looking car, but you'll never have to put a dime into fixing it. Also you can beat the car up pretty good with no mechanical problems.

Wish I could keep it!
By trire on 06/15/05 20:52 PM (PDT)

1994 Plymouth Sundance 4dr Hatchback

I bought this car with 15,000 miles from the Avis rental. It has been SO reliable. Too bad they are no longer made. I have to purchase newer car since this has 126,000 miles with minimal repair over its lifetime. Time for an upgrade and I am sad to see it go. It was driven across country twice and from NE to Florida five times...

Quick and reliable
By Tony K. on 06/05/05 11:02 AM (PDT)

1994 Plymouth Sundance Duster 4dr Hatchback

My Duster now has 120,000 miles and still runs strong. The V6 is pretty quick. Interior is nice with woodgrain dash. Replaced the transmission at 85,000, but besides that no major problems. Very reliable and gets great gas mileage.

My Plymouth Rocks!
By The Slab on 12/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Plymouth Sundance 4dr Hatchback

I bought my 2.2 liter 4-door hatchback from a rental car agency in 1995 with 35k on the odometer. Plain Jane and reliable as the day is long. I now have 162K miles on it with no major mechanical problems. It refuses to quit. Paint is peeling and hubcap fell off when I got new tires, but mechanically this thing always starts and always gets me to my destination. I'm 6'4" 220 lbs and I fit very comfortably in it, which is one reason I bought it. I love it and I hope to get at least 200K miles out of it. Handles great in the snow and gets about 26 mpg on the highway, not bad for an old beast.

Fun Car to Drive and Lots of Repairs
By mnslappy on 09/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Plymouth Sundance Duster 4dr Hatchback

I bought this car with 8,000 miles on it back in 1995. Had it until fall 2003 when the head gasket failed and the head got cracked. Had 120,000 miles on it at the time. Not worth the 700-1000 to fix it. Replaced the automatic transmission (a common complaint witht the 94 Duster) at 30,000 miles, replaced the rack and pinion system at 40,000 miles, air conditioner failed at around 70,000 miles. Despite all the repairs it was always a fun little car to drive, great cornering, and great power with the V-6.

1994 Plymouth Sundance Duster
By pholland on 08/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Plymouth Sundance Duster 4dr Hatchback

I bought this car new in 1994. I had no problems with this car until last summer I had to replace the tranmission. It drive nice it handles very well on ice and snow. the oil has been changed every 3,000 mies and tuned up. It has all road miles. The interior is very nice. It has cruise tilt radio w/cassette air conditioning automatic on floor.the exterior is nice except for a few door dings.