Used 1993 Plymouth Sundance Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Plymouth Sundance - Consumer Reviews

1993 Plymouth Sundance Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Sundance model:

Return of the Duster
By tim from toledo

1993 Plymouth Sundance Hatchback Duster 4dr Hatchback

I bought this car about a year ago for $1500 and have been pleasantly surprised with it's economy and reliability. I had to replace the battery and front brakes along with oil changes and spark plugs, but have been happy with it's performance overall. It has a lot of nice features for a car it's size and is very comfortable and fun to drive. It runs like a top on the highway and is very easy to drive in th city.

Favorite Features

Cruise control, air conditioning, front bucket reclining seats, adjustable headrests, ease of maintenance.

Suggested Improvements

The only thing I don't like is that the dome light doesn't work and I can't figure out how to fix it.

Going strong
By mhardmmm01

1993 Plymouth Sundance Hatchback 4dr Hatchback

My brother in law passed this car on to me after the dealership only offered him a couple hundred for it. Boy, he's now missing out! He went and bought a new Ford focus. I think I got the better deal. This car now has 160K on it and does noit look to stop. I have had to do repairs such as radiator and general maintenance but I did not expect to have this car long and I'm pleasantly surprised!

Favorite Features

I like this cars acceleration, even after so many miles. Being six foot three it also has substantial room. The back seat folds down and I've actually fit an entire 15 speed bicycle back there.

Suggested Improvements

A few electrical problems over the years, nothing serious. Dealership could have used better paint on Plymouths. Has tenedency to chip....

Let's go driving
By Almina

1993 Plymouth Sundance Hatchback 4dr Hatchback

I have enjoyed this vehicle above any auto that I have ever owned. It has an attractive yet understated look that makes it an attractive car to be seen driving around town. It is easy to handle in tight situations such as one might find on a long cross country trip as I do each year.

Favorite Features

The ajustable headrest so that when I take long trips my neck doesn't hurt. The overall size so that it is easy to park anywhere.

Suggested Improvements

This vehicle needed cruise control for those long interstate drives.

Dusters are Great Cars
By Dusty Duster

1993 Plymouth Sundance Hatchback Duster 2dr Hatchback

The Plymouth Sundance/Duster and Dodge Shadow are great cars. They cost much less than other cars in their class, and they have an available 3.0L V6. This engine packs a wallop. It is a very good, reliable engine. I have had no major problems with my Duster since I bought it. Also, I have not driven a car in this class that is more comfortable.

Favorite Features

-3.0L V6 -Lots of Interior Room and comfort -Great Looks

Very reliable car that just won't quit!!
By Mr Scorpius

1993 Plymouth Sundance Hatchback 2dr Hatchback

Like the Energizer Bunny, this car just will not stop. I have had to rarely put mine in the shop for surprise repairs. The only major component that has been replaced is the compressor; but what do you expect living in Houston and those awfully hot summers. The gas mileage gets better as the car gets older. One trip from Texarkana to Houston I had the car fully loaded down, with the tail dragging I only used half a tank a gas. Mind you I was doing roughly 80 mph the entire time. This car is like a good wine, it gets better with age. I'll never get rid of mine.