Used 1993 Plymouth Sundance Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Plymouth Sundance - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sundance model:

Great First Car
By lditalia

1993 Plymouth Sundance 2dr Hatchback

I got this car in 2001, for my 17th birthday. It had 80,000 miles on it and ran me wonderfully for the next ten and a half years. I kept up with the maintenance and fluids and all that, which may have contributed to its lasting so long. It did have an almost bulimic hunger for motor oil, it went through it very quickly. Finally sold it in January of 2012, it had started demanding larger repairs and I decided to just upgrade cars. Good car, though. I always felt safe driving it, the pick up was surprisingly good, it was decent in the snow and it never once left me stranded.

Favorite Features

Accelerated quickly. Reliable. Never broke down. Parts and repairs were generally cheap.

Suggested Improvements

Went through oil pretty quickly. Gas mileage wasn't excellent.

93 sundance 2.2 2 door hatchback
By kaleb

1993 Plymouth Sundance 2dr Hatchback

Being a 17 year old, I was looking for a car that would get me from home work and school, nothing fancy, so I saw this little blue beast on the side of the road. I picked it up for a couple hundred bucks and expected to have a little beater that would last a month or two. I later found out that its a pretty solid car, its pretty quick for a 2.2 and its pretty dent resistant. I was amazed at this little car and I wish I would have bought one sooner. Driving it as much as I did I learned it can park in any spot and can keep up with my friends' eclipse and grand prix.

Favorite Features

the size, gas mileage, quickness, durability, the fact that the car is almost as old as me and only has 95000 miles

Suggested Improvements

it doesn't have a passenger side mirror and it lacks cup holders... but thats not very major

WHAT A PIECE OF JUNK!
By Jill

1993 Plymouth Sundance Duster 2dr Hatchback

I HATE THIS CAR. It was the first car I ever owned (which I regret). My parents got it used in 2004 with 115,000 miles, and I have had nothing but trouble with it. The air conditioner doesn't work (a sin in super humid southern Illinois), the back left speaker is blown, the driver's side window doesn't roll down, the paint is literally peeling off, I have a rust hole clear through the front of the hood, and the passenger side door doesn't open from the inside unless you hit against it REALLY HARD -- my brother bruised his shoulder. It is not reliable AT ALL. I wish I could tell you how many times I've been stranded on the side of the road, but I don't remember anymore.

Favorite Features

It does get good gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Change everything, then maybe you'll have a nice vehicle.

Awesome Car.
By Shiek178

1993 Plymouth Sundance Duster 4dr Hatchback

Had this car for 1 year so far for $3,700. Had 50,000 miles on it and not a problem to date. Car handles well, fun to drive, and very fast acceleration (No joke).

Favorite Features

V6 and the extreme acceleration on it.

Suggested Improvements

Rear wheel drive would be better than front. But thats not a problem it would just be cooler that way!

My little powerhouse went out in style..
By jmw

1993 Plymouth Sundance Duster 2dr Hatchback

I bought it new when I was 16. The only problem I had was the transmission- during the end of the warranty (Chrysler replaced it for free) and the bearings. My car was stolen in 2003 and gave the occupants quite a ride as they led a high speed car chase around philly. It also held up well when they crashed it through a fence and playground. But being a '93, it was deamed "totaled". I miss it! :-(

Favorite Features

Pickup. Looked new for a long time... Sunroof!

Suggested Improvements

nothing!