Used 1992 Plymouth Sundance Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Plymouth Sundance - Consumer Reviews

1992 Plymouth Sundance Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Sundance model:

Go Duster Go
By Cy

1992 Plymouth Sundance Hatchback Duster 2dr Hatchback

Currently have over 230K miles and still running strong. Great little car. Great in snow live in mountains of NM (7500 ft) and traveled extensively in Colorado winters. Needed to repaint once so far becasue of extreme UV from sun in thin NM atmosphere at 7500 feet. Original brakes lasted over 95K the discs were larger than my Taurus. I replaced with metallic pads from Midas and they are still in good shape less than 1/2 worn. 2 teens learned to drive manual and still the clutch lasted to 195K. When I had clutch replaced also had trans rebuilt at 195K Also had what I considered normal wear and service with the high mileage in 16+ years - a water pump, radiator, 2 mufflers,an alternato

Favorite Features

Very well enginered. Way ahead of it's time for MPG. I've probably averaged 27+ over 16 years highest MPG was 35 MPG Rarely under 25 MPG. 5 sp manual so much fun to drive especially out west when I moved from CT to NM I could really enjoy the potential of the 3L engine and 5 speed manual trans.

Suggested Improvements

Didn't need cruise control till I moved to Southwest. In city traffic and traffic congestion of the northeast never needed it. Added an aftermarket cruise control after driving car out to NM in 1993. Very thin paint on original.

Ole' Blue
By mackhemi

1992 Plymouth Sundance Hatchback America 2dr Hatchback

Slow to take off but has ticket potential when you get going. Engine crankshaft seal required a sleeve to fix, also replaced water pump and thermostat. All at 80K. Of course had to put a paint job on about 75K. Overall I have been very happy, descent ride, good visibility, 27 MPG. I think this little car is unapprieciated. Look around, a lot of them still running around!!

Favorite Features

Gas mileage. Fold down rear seat, it can hold a 27in. TV in the box. Easy to manuever.

Suggested Improvements

Better take off power

Brandi's Colt
By BJW

1992 Plymouth Sundance Hatchback Highline 4dr Hatchback

Excellent Driving and reliability

Favorite Features

Suggested Improvements

Exterior reconditioning; Radio/CD installation