Used 1999 Plymouth Prowler Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Plymouth Prowler Convertible - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.5L V6 4-speed Automatic - (10 reviews )

Plymouth Prowler Hot Rod
By Plymouth Prowler

1999 Plymouth Prowler Convertible 2dr Convertible

I've had the Prowler for 11 years and it's still as much fun as any car I've ever owned. It's a hoot.

The interior and exterior styling is the best. I still get comments from people every time I take it out.

The ride is a bit harsh with some cowl shake but it's a hot rod. No complaints.

Plymouth Prowler - Nothing quite like it
By Ed

1999 Plymouth Prowler Convertible 2dr Convertible

This is a wonderful car that I have been driving for nearly 9 years now. Just turned 100,000 miles this week. Mine has been highly modified. It now has a 5.0L V-6 Super Stroker engine with Bellenger handmade headers. The engine has been blue printed and balanced. Too many mods to mention. It is the most fun I have ever had with a car. Every time I drive it is as exciting as the first time. The car was a typical Daimler/Chrysler product with the poor quality control that has become synonymous with the company. It is such a wonderful car that those of us who love it fix what we can and live with the rest. I can't imagine life without my Prowler.

Looks, looks, looks!

By Prowlin

1999 Plymouth Prowler Convertible 2dr Convertible

Attention grabber. Awesome experience. Just a dream machine with incredible power, light weight and quick performance. Hugs the curves, climbs the mountain roads with ease, excellent turning ratio, great on gas, only perfection! Sound system is exceptional & Goodyear flatless tires perform with ease and reliability. Everything a person would expect from a get up and go roadster.

Speed, unique exterior and interior design, eminates a feeling of freedom and extreme ownership pride.

Larger rear window and sensor due to the length of the nose when parking.

A tribute to Hot Rods
By Dave Mills

1999 Plymouth Prowler Convertible 2dr Convertible

The Plymouth Prowler was built as a tribute to the American hot rod. As a production hot rod it does quite well. Itprobably should have had a V8 engine but that is the only thing that would make it better. This car is the most fun I have ever had behind the wheel. Remember this is like a hot rod, it rides rough and its driver comfort is not the best, but what an experience. I love this car!

Its general appearance.

It could have had a V8!

Best bang for your buck
By Brianpantera

1999 Plymouth Prowler Convertible 2dr Convertible

My 1999 Plymouth Prowler is a drop dead gorgeous car. I feel like a movie star every time I take it out. The only negative is there is no storage space, unless you buy the factory trailer.

Awesome stereo, Huge wheels, gorgeous styling.

none