2001 Plymouth Neon Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (16 reviews )
2001 Plymouth Neon A LOT OF LITTLE CAR
By jamesrizzuti on 10/26/13 09:34 AM (PDT)

2001 Plymouth Neon Sedan Highline 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The little Plymouth Neon is fun to drive, feels very solid on the road, and in general has a well designed interior. For a compact car, it has remarkable interior room for 4 adults, and the back seats fold down to allow more truck originated space. It's probably the best little car I've ever driven.

A little about my car and a comment on another post.
By patrickl79 on 08/22/12 20:11 PM (PDT)

2001 Plymouth Neon Sedan Highline 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my 2001 used from a private seller. It had 120,000 miles and I only paid $500 for it. It was non - running the problem turned out to be bad battery terminals a easy fix for about $4. I love my car, its quick and sporty, handles well and seems to be well built and very reliable requiring only standard maintenance, something that most people simple forget or dont care to do. My only complaint is I wish the center console was bigger.

STILL a good car!
By ehbowen on 02/08/10 14:05 PM (PST)

2001 Plymouth Neon Sedan Highline 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my 2001 Neon new in November 2000 and kept it for more than eight years. It was the stickshift LX model, and I added a Chrysler-brand cruise control. Other than routine maintenance, the only service it needed was when the engine computer went into an error state. The car was still driveable and I drove it to the dealership, which repaired it under the emissions warranty even though the car had over 60000 miles on it at the time. The only negative I have to say about the car is that it's a little too low-slung; very easy to scrape the front end on sloped driveways. I sold the car to my 16-yr old niece last year, and she loves it-- it's STILL a good car!

Good Car
By Brown on 01/14/09 20:21 PM (PST)

2001 Plymouth Neon Sedan Highline 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 01 Neon a year and a half ago or so and I have loved it. My Neon was really basic, no power windows or other options but it was really reliable. I only replaced the battery and the tires on it so maintenance was low. I bought used but had regular service and it treated me well. A/C and heat worked perfectly. 2.0 liter gave it extra kick for a 4 cyl. Inside room was quite large for the size of the car, back seat spacious for compact car. I wrecked it and have to buy a new car but would get another Neon anytime.

Dependable car
By Michael Avery on 03/29/07 09:54 AM (PDT)

2001 Plymouth Neon Sedan Highline 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We have used this car very much in the last 4 years. It has been a very dependable car.

275k & still rollin
By tdot on 11/30/06 10:32 AM (PST)

2001 Plymouth Neon Sedan Highline 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is the best car I've ever owned. We bought this car with 20k. it now has over 275k and no problems. This car was loaded. Side airbags, leather interior, the works. It really was a good value. We drive it daily from the Poconos to NYC. About 220 miles every day. I can't complain.

Great little car--surpasses reputation
By saramoor on 06/07/05 20:22 PM (PDT)

2001 Plymouth Neon Sedan Highline 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is a great little car! I've had no problems with it (other than the typical brake pad change and new tires. I have 80,000 miles on it, so that's typical by this point. I had a Honda Civic SI previous to my Neon and it was TERRIBLE. I know people love Honda's, but this Plymouth Neon has been GREAT! Much better, at least in my experience, than my Honda. It feels solid, is comfortable and I've had no problems. Nothing has ever broken or snapped off; it's really been great.

Moderate
By Tim Vondrak on 08/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Plymouth Neon Sedan Highline 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

It is a decent little car but it is small. It has good fuel economy and is a good car for running around in. The interior is a darker color that is eadier to hide dirt and is pretty comfortable. The trunk is a good size either if your working out of it or if you want to put a couple of subwoofers in the back. The driving isn't to rough until you get to 100mph. If your looking for a reliable car this is it. It only has minor problems if you overd

Better car than 1st Gen Neon
By whippingpostguy on 06/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Plymouth Neon Sedan Highline 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have averaged 20,000 miles a year on a Neon since 1996. The second generation, while a little heavier, is a much better car. Excellent car to buy used, it's a better built car than it's reputation, and you can get a bargain price.

Plymouth Neon LX owner
By Brad Billeen on 05/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Plymouth Neon Sedan Highline 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is my third Neon. The 1996 was the best one so far, but the 2001 is close behind. I have an automatic and wish I would have gotten a standard. The automatics are loud, but the car is still fun to drive. Take a Neon for a drive you'll love it in the long run.