2000 Plymouth Neon Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Neon model:
Loved my first car
By lmatracia on 11/09/12 20:47 PM (PST)

2000 Plymouth Neon Sedan Highline 4dr Sedan

My dad got my first car, 2000 Plymouth Neon, with 44k for $3500 in 2010. The only major problem I ever encountered was the radiator went out at about 60k (which is VERY typical). I also had the tie rod end snap, but that was only because when the original owner replaced it they put the wrong part on. Overall I loved this car, i never worried about it breaking down and it got great mpg. Very reliable and worth the money. Unfortunately it was wrecked in the front end when someone hit me in a truck head on and drove off, i only had state minimum so was unable to fix the car. :( was very sad to see it go. I now drive a 2000 pt cruiser (which i also enjoy driving)

I'll get another when she's gone
By smisley on 08/29/10 02:01 AM (PDT)

2000 Plymouth Neon Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

209,000 miles. Never a prob. Its all about maintenence. I will def get another when it does kick it! Had a Ford contour for a yr and it had 7 recalls on it. Not secure in driving. Had this car 9 yrs. Give or take. Not one recall!

Best car I've ever owned
By Crzy8 on 06/11/10 17:09 PM (PDT)

2000 Plymouth Neon Sedan Highline 4dr Sedan

Owned and driven for about 7 years; average daily commute of 70 miles. Purchased at 60,000 miles; now at 163,000 and going strong. It's had a chronic oil leak since around 90,000 - tried to have a couple different mechanics chase it down, but it's deep in the engine and repair estimate was more than half the $4,000 I paid for the car. But it runs fine and I don't mind a little incontinence. Otherwise, it handles nice, always starts, and has been extremely low maintenance.

LOVE my car
By Traverse City on 01/15/10 03:33 AM (PST)

2000 Plymouth Neon Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I purchased my neon brand new, and have yet to have anything mechanical go wrong. Only normal upkeep on the usual things like breaks. I'm around 145,000 miles now and plan on driving it til it dies, which I'm sure won't be for another few years. The only things that have gone wrong have all been electrical. Motor burned out in the moon roof switch, 1 speaker has a vibration sound in it, and first cd changer didn't work but was replaced the first month of ownership and has worked fine ever since. I would absolutely purchase another Plymouth and am sad that they are no longer made. Also, my first car was a Plymouth, Reliant and was also a very reliable car.

My First Car
By JustinP on 11/01/09 07:47 AM (PST)

2000 Plymouth Neon Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car for 1500 and despite having only one previous owner, this person didn't do ANY maintenance on the car, and left all of that up to the next owner, me. The front power windows haven't worked since the purchase. A/C went out after 1 year. Chipping paint is pretty common on the front bumper. The front passenger speaker blew around 80k mi, and the in-dash speaker on the same side went as well around 92k. I have all aftermarket speakers in the car now. I had problems with the alternator twice, but only had to replace it once. It is comfy however; lots of room for 5 passengers. The CD changer broke on me when I tried playing burnt CDs, which lead to the replacement of the stereo.

Great Car for Low Cost
By KTB on 01/03/09 03:01 AM (PST)

2000 Plymouth Neon Sedan Highline 4dr Sedan

Good-looking, comfortable car with great gas mileage. Almost steered clear of buying a Neon, not sure why, but thought they had a junky reputation until I researched the vehicle and found the 2000 year and beyond to have great consumer satisfaction. My daughter and I love this car for its price range. We have been very happy with ours.

It's a shame they stopped making these!
By MadScotsMan on 12/05/08 10:28 AM (PST)

2000 Plymouth Neon Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

This car was originally purchased for my wife in 2002. I have been driving it regularly since 2006. It has 122,000 miles on it it runs like a champ. No major issues at all. I drive about 50% dirt roads and it handles great in all road/weather conditions...particularly good in snow with good tires. I drive in some pretty awful conditions and am quite confident in the Neon. This has proven to be one of the most reliable, fun to drive and economical cars I've ever purchased. The only problem I've had is leaky window and trunk seals. I look forward to many more enjoyable miles out of this fun and terribly underrated car. Excellent rally-cross capabilities!

Not the safest car
By Dink2008 on 11/03/08 18:36 PM (PST)

2000 Plymouth Neon Sedan Highline 4dr Sedan

I just received this car from my parents and I absolutely dislike it. When driving it, I can never feel comfortable because it does not feel like a safe car at all. The vehicle is thrown all over the road and has no power while going uphill. On the other hand the gas mileage is pretty fair, and the sound is alright. Over all I believe there are more downs than ups for this car and I would not recommend it if you are looking for a safe car.

2000 Plymouth Neon
By Gary Bader on 06/28/08 16:58 PM (PDT)

2000 Plymouth Neon Sedan Highline 4dr Sedan

It is a great car. I had very little problems with it. I would buy another one. Great in the snow.

Perfect $4.00 a Gallon Car
By MadScotsMan on 06/09/08 12:53 PM (PDT)

2000 Plymouth Neon Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

We purchased the Neon in 2002 with 12,000 miles. It now has 113,000 miles and contrary to what some might say, this has been a reliable, fun and economical car. I still average over 30 mpg, my best being 39.9 on a long highway trip. There have been no unusual repairs, just the normal repairs. At 113k, I have finally replaced the springs, struts and stabilizer bars (went with SRT4 springs/bars/STS)and am in need of brakes. That's it. This is the fifth Neon in my family and I'd definitely buy another if they were still made. Great car, a blast to drive, good in snow and really reliable...and I am in no way easy on cars!

1 2 3 4 5 next »