Used 1999 Plymouth Neon Expresso Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Plymouth Neon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Neon model:

Crap
By kristie2021

1999 Plymouth Neon Expresso 2dr Coupe

I was really shocked to see all the good reviews for a car that was nothing but trouble for me. It recently broke down on me and I had to get rid of it. When I bought it the only thing was wrong with it was the radiator and a gas leak, I had many other problems, I had to replace the battery, the tires(more than 10x), the starter, the water pump, the cylinder, and the spark plugs. The spark plugs went out and stripped my cylinders in my engine, with the motor mounts going bad as well. It was like a domino effect in 2 weeks. The brake line, motor mounts,and then finally the spark plugs. It was a complete and total piece of crap and right before it broke down, there was acceleration on its own.

Favorite Features

Comfy, Easy to drive, gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Build it better, I do not suggest that you buy this car. DO NOT buy this car, I know people who have had nothing but problems. She bought hers a couple months back and it's making the same noise in the engine that mine did right before mine broke down completely.

Roxy
By NeoNxGrL

1999 Plymouth Neon Expresso 2dr Coupe

Fun little car to drive-gets great gas mileage. Easy to handle and great first car. Got mine a couple days after Christmas & was my first car. Wasnt my first choice, but once I started driving it, I instantly took a liking to it.

OK
By Flight

1999 Plymouth Neon Expresso 2dr Coupe

I purchased my 99 Neon in August of 99. I have had no real problems with it. It is very small and is a tight fit for more than 2 in the back. I am concerned with its saftey and will trade if off soon. She has 81k miles and is still running ok. I do keep my oil changed and the only thing I have had to put on it is tires. There is an odd whistle comming from under the hood, but I think its a belt.

Favorite Features

remote trunk opener