Used 1999 Plymouth Neon Highline Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Plymouth Neon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Neon model:

1999 Plymouth Neon 4 Dr Highline Sedan
By Raj

1999 Plymouth Neon Highline 4dr Sedan

The first 6 years went fine. In 2005 all the problems started, the car stalled half a dozen times between repeated trips to the dealership. They replaced the head gasket, timing belt, starter cables, spark plugs, ignition cables, rear main seal. Finally, they found a faulty relay due to the AC compressor which also was replaced. In Feb 2007 the vehicle would not start. Guess what? They replaced the fuel pump too. I've spend over $5000 in repairs. Now the vehicle stalls intermittently, the engine hesitates and jerks. The hp is gone. Do not buy this vehicle. It's proof that domestic vehicles are absolute junk. The Neon was so bad it was discontinued after the 2005 model. Nightmare!

Well, I would have to say the vehicle was definitely quite roomy. Lots of leg and head room. Good overall suspension.

Too many to list.

My Neon
By neonrob99

1999 Plymouth Neon Highline 4dr Sedan

The only thing that I don't really like is auto transmission and the mirror in the driver's side visor. The 3 speed just isn't quick enough.

Visibility.

Power.

My Neon
By D. Lee

1999 Plymouth Neon Highline 4dr Sedan

This is my first car, but my last choice. I bought it in Ohio where there are virtually no hills. The real test would be the roads in New York my new home. It has surpassed all of my expectations. It handles the roads here with no problems, also easy to handle with the front-wheel drive in the snow, easy and fun to drive and still looks brand new. If you take care of it, it will serve you well. The only problem was the moon roof motor had to be replaced a year later. The overall performance is great unless the air conditioning is on. It is a great first choice. When I decide to buy another car, I will not trade this one in.

The front wheel drive is great. It got me out of a many snow piles. It's the best.

I think that the windows in the back seat area should be power windows, because when I'm in the car alone and want to put one of the back windows down, it's virtually impossible and dangerous to reach from the front while driving.