1998 Plymouth Neon Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Neon model:
I hate my car
By Anthony T on 08/18/08 21:35 PM (PDT)

1998 Plymouth Neon Coupe Highline 2dr Coupe

I've owned this car as a high school student just to drive around town, to and from school and work and that's about all it is good for. It is not a pleasure to drive, and I hate the way it looks, inside and out. It's a good first-car, but even then I wouldn't recommend it.

Low quality car
By Griffin on 02/10/07 10:32 AM (PST)

1998 Plymouth Neon Coupe Highline 2dr Coupe

My fiancee has this car. It only has 62,000 miles on it and it looks, runs, and drives like it has 162,000 miles on it. It has rusted completely through already in some spots, it sounds horrible, and vibrates and shakes very bad. It only has a 3-speed automatic, so freeway cruising is at over 3000rpm, which makes for a very loud drive. The ride is very rough and unsettled.

Think Twice before buying
By buyerbeware on 11/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Plymouth Neon Coupe Expresso 2dr Coupe

Like some of the others, I have had gaskets replaced numerous times and still they cant' get it right. I have had a sun roof that has been replace 3 times and is still broken which is not under warrenty and the dealer will not fix. The engine light comes on very every 3-4 months due to carbon build up on some sensor which the dealer can't seem to fixed. I would not reccommend this car to anyone. Buyer beware.

Great car
By Chrysler fanatic on 09/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Plymouth Neon Coupe Highline 2dr Coupe

Since I bought my neon i have had no major trouble from it, just the regular maintenance. I do though have a problem with the wind noise from the window and the engine is underpowered at low rpm's.

Unhappy purchase
By Jilly on 04/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Plymouth Neon Coupe Highline 2dr Coupe

I have had nothing but problems with my purchase of my Neon. The head gasket blew at 13,000 miles only. The horn stopped working after a few months. The passenger side window was leaking. My lastest issue is the transmission! I only have 21,000 miles and now there are transmission problems! give me a break.. I have very little power with this car. It was a bad purchase overall.

great car
By lili mande on 07/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Plymouth Neon Coupe Competition 2dr Coupe