Used 1997 Plymouth Neon Highline Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1997 Plymouth Neon Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Neon model:

good little car
By dla

1997 Plymouth Neon Sedan Highline 4dr Sedan

It's been reliable and dependable, not any problems until now at 49,500 miles. Now it needs a head gasket and new tires. Have replaced the battery and two tires, and have had regular maintenance and upkeep.

Good snow and ice car, would prefer an automatic in the city, but standard was good in New York where purchased.

I don't know.

The Little Car that Could
By owner

1997 Plymouth Neon Sedan Highline 4dr Sedan

This car has done it all for me. I have driven it from NJ to CA, from CA to AZ, CO, Mexico and back. The mileage and comfort is amazing. And the handling is awesome. I have taken it offroad in the desert. The fold down seats allow me to haul 8ft boards of lumber home without a problem. Some jerks at the lumberyard dind't want to beleive that it would fit. What would be the point of their SUVs in that case? I caught someone trying to break into my car by throwing a large rock at the glass. It bounced off with a small scratch! I not had to do more than routine maintanence. (Oil, Filter, Tire Rotation, etc.)

Mileage Reliability Comfort Inside Small Size outside

Battery died once, I think the non- factory CD changer was not connected correctly. I would like cruise control for longer trips.

The Little Car that Could
By Owner

Mileage Reliability Comfort Inside Small Size outside

Hurting Vehicle
By Emily

1997 Plymouth Neon Sedan Highline 4dr Sedan

This car was the biggest mistake ever. Don't buy a Neon. Spend a little more and get a Toyota. I have put 3,ooo dollars in this car only to have it break down AGAIN and this time it was a head gaskit. Even with regular tune ups and oil changes tis car would never run with out issues. It's depriceated 5,ooo dollars in 3 years. DON"T DO IT!

NONE!