1997 Plymouth Neon Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Neon model:
good little car
By dla on 02/14/07 15:32 PM (PST)

1997 Plymouth Neon Sedan Highline 4dr Sedan

It's been reliable and dependable, not any problems until now at 49,500 miles. Now it needs a head gasket and new tires. Have replaced the battery and two tires, and have had regular maintenance and upkeep.

The Little Car that Could
By owner on 01/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Plymouth Neon Sedan Highline 4dr Sedan

This car has done it all for me. I have driven it from NJ to CA, from CA to AZ, CO, Mexico and back. The mileage and comfort is amazing. And the handling is awesome. I have taken it offroad in the desert. The fold down seats allow me to haul 8ft boards of lumber home without a problem. Some jerks at the lumberyard dind't want to beleive that it would fit. What would be the point of their SUVs in that case? I caught someone trying to break into my car by throwing a large rock at the glass. It bounced off with a small scratch! I not had to do more than routine maintanence. (Oil, Filter, Tire Rotation, etc.)

The Little Car that Could
By Owner on 01/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

Hurting Vehicle
By Emily on 03/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Plymouth Neon Sedan Highline 4dr Sedan

This car was the biggest mistake ever. Don't buy a Neon. Spend a little more and get a Toyota. I have put 3,ooo dollars in this car only to have it break down AGAIN and this time it was a head gaskit. Even with regular tune ups and oil changes tis car would never run with out issues. It's depriceated 5,ooo dollars in 3 years. DON"T DO IT!