1997 Plymouth Neon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Neon model:
great second car
By spyklee on 08/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Plymouth Neon 2dr Coupe

i purchased my neon spring of 99. 2.0 SOHC 4 5spd. has good power, i have not exp. any major problem, 2 biggies though, 1 paint pealing, has primer issues with certain colors, mine is white, 2 valve cover seals for spark plugs eroded away, causing oil residue in spark plug section easy fix. car is great to get around town in, it is fun to drive. although on long road trips (500+mil) seats get uncomfy, and fuel tank is small. good gas milage though. sound system is not bad. trunk is good size, two sets of golf clubs and suitcase no problem. summary great point a-b car or first car. watch the paint. i love this car.

My Perfect Car
By Neon Lover on 10/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Plymouth Neon 2dr Coupe

Since I was 15, I wanted a Neon. At the age od 20 when I finally got a license and save dup I purchased one. It was a 2 door 1997. My Neon was perfect. It was there whenever I needed it; for late night food runs or appointments at the salon. I didn't have any real problems other than getting new spark plug wires. It took me from Alabama to Miami and back on several occasions. At 67,000 I was in an accident where my Neon was hit. It was totalled, but it helped me to be able to walk out ok. Thanks, Neon. I'll miss you.

let down by plymouth
By my neon is ruined on 07/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Plymouth Neon 2dr Coupe

I was extremely happy with my little Neon.I bought the car at a time when I didn't have a lot of money to spend. Up until today, I was amazed at how reliable this car had been. Never a problem. Today I took it in to have it checked and it turns out the vehicle is not worth repairing.I would have to spend thousands to fix it. So after years of reliability, the one time it needs work (head gaskit among other issues)it's a major repair. My car is useless. Beware.

Good Car!
By happy,happy on 05/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Plymouth Neon 2dr Coupe

One of my favorite cars, (I have 7) Never lets me down. Bought used at 43,000 miles. In 35,000 miles I have fixed..... NOTHING! I do my own maintenence, oil plugs, etc. It's faster and handles better then my antique Italian sports car! (No, it's not a Fiat!) My only complaint is wind noise, so far I've been too lazy to adjust the window angle so it's my own fault.