Used 1995 Plymouth Neon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Plymouth Neon - Consumer Reviews

1995 Plymouth Neon

View reviews for a specific Neon model:

Crap box
By Bigwig

1995 Plymouth Neon 4dr Sedan

Bought the car with 48K on the car. Since I have owned it (over a year) I have been through TWO coil packs, countless quarts of oil because it leaks and the speedometer and gas gauge only work periodically. The windows leak and the headlights are lame. My rear speakers are blown as well.

Favorite Features

Parts are dirt cheap, great gas mileage, no one will steal it because its ugly, it was cheap to buy (because its a turd box), its easy to fix (I replaced both coil packs in the autozone parking lot in 15 minutes with a socket set), there is a million of them in the junk yards for me to get a motor.

Suggested Improvements

Quality of parts. The car is inexpensive to buy new though so its really hard to complain. It a good beater for what it is. Having mechanic skills will go a long way with this car. Don't buy it if you can't fix basic stuff.

'95 Neon
By Ty

1995 Plymouth Neon Highline 4dr Sedan

My mom bought this car brand new in July '94. It was pretty good for the first 3 years, then she began to experience problems after. The transmission conked out after 86,759 miles.

Favorite Features

Very roomy. Handled very easily.

Suggested Improvements

Chrysler! Fix your transmissions!

95 sport
By cliff

1995 Plymouth Neon Sport 2dr Coupe

So far, this car has been very fun to drive and have had no problems with it. It is a great gas saver car and runs very well. It has a few mods to it and really flys down the road. I love the car and would tell others to get one. If you take care of the car, it will last you for a long time as this one has.

Favorite Features

Hemi engine. yes all DOHC versions came with domed pistons so, its really a hemi. It's light and accelerates very well being a 5 speed and has a performance trans. A/C is still cold as ice and engines runs well. Last 0- 60 time I did with it returned 7.1 seconds. Not bad for a Neon.

Suggested Improvements

Start making light, agile, fun to drive cars like this again. Cars these days are so heavy and sluggish unless you buy a big, gas guzzeling engine for them. DVD system and 500 watt stereos are for home. Light weight and fun to drive are the way to go.

Love my Neon
By Jean

1995 Plymouth Neon Highline 4dr Sedan

After 13 years of faithful service my little Neon is still going. I have had to have some repairs/maintenance done on it lately but no more than any other 13 year old car. It handles awesome, well balanced, corners like it's on rails, go from 0-60 in a blink, can stop on a dime. Great visibilty out of all the windows no blind spots unlike many cars today. Super comfortable seats, roomy interior for a small car, feels bigger than it is. Still gets good gas mileage.

Favorite Features

Handling/performance, brakes, gas mileage, comfort, visibilty, cute design, color (aqua with grey bumpers/moldings)

Suggested Improvements

Bring them back so I can get a new one!

Blessed
By Neon Love

1995 Plymouth Neon 4dr Sedan

Bought the Neon with 40,000 miles in '96. We have put almost nothing into repairs in all these years. Around 90k, the speedometer broke and the front passenger window wouldn't close if you dared open it. That door sometimes gets stuck and won't open and needs prying. The exterior paint has peeled and looks like a Florida sunburn. Now, somewhere over 100,000 miles, the A.C.has finally died. You gotta love this car! It keeps on running and has never left us stranded. We figure we got our money's worth and have been using it to make quick trips around town.

Favorite Features

Dependability, good gas mileage, good visibility, comfortable sit for a tall man, lots of personality.

Suggested Improvements

Better paint, frame around the window for window support.