1995 Plymouth Neon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Neon model:
Crap box
By Bigwig on 10/22/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Plymouth Neon 4dr Sedan

Bought the car with 48K on the car. Since I have owned it (over a year) I have been through TWO coil packs, countless quarts of oil because it leaks and the speedometer and gas gauge only work periodically. The windows leak and the headlights are lame. My rear speakers are blown as well.

'95 Neon
By Ty on 01/16/09 00:28 AM (PST)

1995 Plymouth Neon Highline 4dr Sedan

My mom bought this car brand new in July '94. It was pretty good for the first 3 years, then she began to experience problems after. The transmission conked out after 86,759 miles.

95 sport
By cliff on 06/24/08 02:19 AM (PDT)

1995 Plymouth Neon Sport 2dr Coupe

So far, this car has been very fun to drive and have had no problems with it. It is a great gas saver car and runs very well. It has a few mods to it and really flys down the road. I love the car and would tell others to get one. If you take care of the car, it will last you for a long time as this one has.

Love my Neon
By Jean on 08/23/07 09:58 AM (PDT)

1995 Plymouth Neon Highline 4dr Sedan

After 13 years of faithful service my little Neon is still going. I have had to have some repairs/maintenance done on it lately but no more than any other 13 year old car. It handles awesome, well balanced, corners like it's on rails, go from 0-60 in a blink, can stop on a dime. Great visibilty out of all the windows no blind spots unlike many cars today. Super comfortable seats, roomy interior for a small car, feels bigger than it is. Still gets good gas mileage.

Blessed
By Neon Love on 12/28/06 17:03 PM (PST)

1995 Plymouth Neon 4dr Sedan

Bought the Neon with 40,000 miles in '96. We have put almost nothing into repairs in all these years. Around 90k, the speedometer broke and the front passenger window wouldn't close if you dared open it. That door sometimes gets stuck and won't open and needs prying. The exterior paint has peeled and looks like a Florida sunburn. Now, somewhere over 100,000 miles, the A.C.has finally died. You gotta love this car! It keeps on running and has never left us stranded. We figure we got our money's worth and have been using it to make quick trips around town.

My Highline
By Bo on 11/30/06 10:28 AM (PST)

1995 Plymouth Neon Highline 4dr Sedan

I just bought my Neon and I love it! The engine could offer some more torque in the low end, but top end performance is pretty decent. I bought a Neon that was 11 years old and although the paint is starting to peel on the spoiler and hood, I wouldn't trade it for the world. The child seat fits comfortably in the back and there is room to spare. I wish the interior features were a little more accommodating (very difficult to get a 32 oz. cup in the cupholders and the armrest sits a little too low). However, I am now a believer in the Neon.

My Gem
By Gem on 08/05/06 16:11 PM (PDT)

1995 Plymouth Neon Highline 4dr Sedan

I have enjoyed my Neon for 12 years (bought new). Gem, the car, has driven from Canada to Houston, Texas in summer heat. Never a rattle or shake on the highway! I found Gem to be very reliable.

95 Neon
By Dennis on 06/28/06 23:56 PM (PDT)

1995 Plymouth Neon Highline 2dr Coupe

Great gas mileage. Getting 38 to 41 mpg highway and 29 to 30 here which is in some serious mountains -- traveling over two mountains twice a day with elevations from 900 to almost 4000 feet. Handles good and plenty of power for something that gets that good of gas mileage. Front seats roomy but small back legroom. Large trunk. Headlight lenses turned milky over the years and rubber gaskets around windows, etc. cracking. Easily shifts gears, paint not so great.

Like a Timex...
By erikd on 11/04/05 19:03 PM (PST)

1995 Plymouth Neon Sport 4dr Sedan

My 1995 Plymouth Neon was a great car until it gave up the ghost. I bought it used in 2000 with 51,000 miles on it. I used it extensively to drive from KS to WI, and for a while had a 60 mile one way daily commute. The first problem was that the AC blew out on long trips...froze up the compressor. I had it fixed twice, it broke twice, and I gave up. Then at about 165,000 miles, I lost the timing belt because of the water pump going out, and the last straw was a blown piston ring at 176,000 miles. The body is still surprisingly good despite WI and KS winters. All in all, this is a great little daily driver, and I'm thinking of putting in a remanufactured engine to get some more life out of the body.

Great First Car
By Lora on 07/02/05 11:32 AM (PDT)

1995 Plymouth Neon Highline 2dr Coupe

I bought my Neon three years ago at a car auction. As a high school student, it was my first car. Originally I was thrilled to have ANY car but my trusty Neon has turned out to be a great buy. I have had absolutely no problems and I have put maybe $300 in maintenance/repairs into it. It is an excellent car for any high school or college student.

1 2 3 4 5 next »