Used 1993 Plymouth Laser Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Plymouth Laser - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Laser model:

nice ride!
By faded

1993 Plymouth Laser Hatchback 2dr Hatchback

bought my "laser" a few months ago for a "dirt cheap" price. why?.. cause i couldn't get my saturn past inspection.. emmissions... beyond happy with the quality of this "dollar" car thus far... ($550)... took it on a 1,000 mile road-trip a few weeks ago... mostly to see if it was up to the task. it was and is. over that trip i averaged 37 mpg... 1.8 liter engine.. 4 spd auto overdrive trans... car ran flawlessly.. solid.. no rattles handles very well.

Favorite Features

the gauges!.. incl. oil pressure.. a rarity these days. i also love the fact that you can "turn off" the OD for added power.. makes a big difference when trying to merge in heavy traffic...

Suggested Improvements

put the oil pressure gauge back in the "eclipse" anyway, it's a great little car and a "fun" ride....

Great American Car
By Jrockyt

1993 Plymouth Laser Hatchback 2dr Hatchback

I bought my Laser used. Eight years and 120,000 miles later, it still runs great. The only problems I've encounterd is a faulty oil valve seal and fading paint. I've thought about buying another car, but I can't myself parting with it anytime soon. The key to keeping any car running well is keeping up on the scheduled maintenance. However, I admit I didn't think an american car would hold up this well.

Favorite Features

The sporty interior and exterior styling. It gets get highway mileage and a low price tag.

Suggested Improvements

Larger backseat and trunk.

good car
By boris

1993 Plymouth Laser Hatchback 2dr Hatchback

I bought it used on the auction with 118000 miles on it for 3500. I have it already for 4 years. It's 218000 on the car!!! i love it

Favorite Features

fun to drive

Suggested Improvements

more power

A great car
By PF

1993 Plymouth Laser Hatchback 2dr Hatchback

Excellent car. Very few repairs over the years. Still on the original clutch. Paint is in great shape. With regular maintenance and reasonable driving I hope to get to 200,000 miles!

Dont buy it
By LT

1993 Plymouth Laser Hatchback RS 2dr Hatchback

I thought that i would end up with a great american car. Dont be confused this thing has caused me nothing but trouble at least 4grand in repairs and replacements. i finally sold it for about a grand for a new teenage driver, Thank god i got rid of it.

Favorite Features

Seats