1993 Plymouth Laser - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Laser model:
Impressed
By JHT on 02/28/06 15:02 PM (PST)

1993 Plymouth Laser 2dr Hatchback

I got this car my sophomore year in college. I was so excited to find such a "cool car" in my price range, which was nothing! (I got the car for less than $4,800 and paid cash for it.) It's really been a great car. I love how well it is on gas, especially in the city. I've put a lot of miles on it in a short period of time. I don't have cruise control, though, and that's a big down side. The paint on the roof is fading, but other than that, the rest of it, cosmetically, looks super. I am actually in the market for a new car now, and I must say, It will be sad when I get rid of my reliable little, blue Laser!

nice ride!
By faded on 09/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Plymouth Laser 2dr Hatchback

bought my "laser" a few months ago for a "dirt cheap" price. why?.. cause i couldn't get my saturn past inspection.. emmissions... beyond happy with the quality of this "dollar" car thus far... ($550)... took it on a 1,000 mile road-trip a few weeks ago... mostly to see if it was up to the task. it was and is. over that trip i averaged 37 mpg... 1.8 liter engine.. 4 spd auto overdrive trans... car ran flawlessly.. solid.. no rattles handles very well.

Great American Car
By Jrockyt on 12/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Plymouth Laser 2dr Hatchback

I bought my Laser used. Eight years and 120,000 miles later, it still runs great. The only problems I've encounterd is a faulty oil valve seal and fading paint. I've thought about buying another car, but I can't myself parting with it anytime soon. The key to keeping any car running well is keeping up on the scheduled maintenance. However, I admit I didn't think an american car would hold up this well.

good car
By boris on 09/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Plymouth Laser 2dr Hatchback

I bought it used on the auction with 118000 miles on it for 3500. I have it already for 4 years. It's 218000 on the car!!! i love it

A great car
By PF on 06/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Plymouth Laser 2dr Hatchback

Excellent car. Very few repairs over the years. Still on the original clutch. Paint is in great shape. With regular maintenance and reasonable driving I hope to get to 200,000 miles!