1993 Plymouth Laser - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Laser model:
engine timing farce
By kevin on 05/14/09 10:15 AM (PDT)

1993 Plymouth Laser RS 2dr Hatchback

Had to have the head redone twice because of bent valves, because of the timing being out. What a nightmare. The second time it was because of the harmonic balancer splitting in half because it is 2 pieces with a rubber center, of course this threw it off time and now it's in the garage with no compression on no 4 cylinder. Body in perfect cond. but i think that this one is cursed on the motor. WOW! Time for the junk yard.......

Wish I got it new
By gordon g on 04/06/08 07:55 AM (PDT)

1993 Plymouth Laser RS 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car with a broken turn lens for 500. I have spent about 1200 on replacing all wear items. Well worth it! Its a fun, sexy car, gets good gas mileage, is dependable and has lots of tuner potential, unfortunatly, it has 173,000, not worth the money to upgrade. I don't know why the book value is so low, its a great solid little car. I wish I got it new for 14,000, it would be on the cover of a tuner mag! Good reliable transportation!

Plymouth Laser RS Hatchback
By Ben Kluever on 10/05/07 17:27 PM (PDT)

1993 Plymouth Laser RS 2dr Hatchback

I have owned the car for less than a month now and it has been great. I am thinking about throwing a stage 3 turbo in it to make it a little bit more fun. but otherwise this thing can get up and go if you want it to!

Dont buy it
By LT on 04/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Plymouth Laser RS 2dr Hatchback

I thought that i would end up with a great american car. Dont be confused this thing has caused me nothing but trouble at least 4grand in repairs and replacements. i finally sold it for about a grand for a new teenage driver, Thank god i got rid of it.

pretty good car
By Ryan Chambers on 03/10/02 13:42 PM (PST)

1993 Plymouth Laser RS 2dr Hatchback

this car has really done me good besides having to replace the transaxle it runs pretty damn good