1993 Plymouth Laser - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Laser model:
engine timing farce
By kevin on 05/14/09 10:15 AM (PDT)

1993 Plymouth Laser RS 2dr Hatchback

Had to have the head redone twice because of bent valves, because of the timing being out. What a nightmare. The second time it was because of the harmonic balancer splitting in half because it is 2 pieces with a rubber center, of course this threw it off time and now it's in the garage with no compression on no 4 cylinder. Body in perfect cond. but i think that this one is cursed on the motor. WOW! Time for the junk yard.......

Wish I got it new
By gordon g on 04/06/08 07:55 AM (PDT)

1993 Plymouth Laser RS 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car with a broken turn lens for 500. I have spent about 1200 on replacing all wear items. Well worth it! Its a fun, sexy car, gets good gas mileage, is dependable and has lots of tuner potential, unfortunatly, it has 173,000, not worth the money to upgrade. I don't know why the book value is so low, its a great solid little car. I wish I got it new for 14,000, it would be on the cover of a tuner mag! Good reliable transportation!

Plymouth Laser RS Hatchback
By Ben Kluever on 10/05/07 17:27 PM (PDT)

1993 Plymouth Laser RS 2dr Hatchback

I have owned the car for less than a month now and it has been great. I am thinking about throwing a stage 3 turbo in it to make it a little bit more fun. but otherwise this thing can get up and go if you want it to!

Impressed
By JHT on 02/28/06 15:02 PM (PST)

1993 Plymouth Laser 2dr Hatchback

I got this car my sophomore year in college. I was so excited to find such a "cool car" in my price range, which was nothing! (I got the car for less than $4,800 and paid cash for it.) It's really been a great car. I love how well it is on gas, especially in the city. I've put a lot of miles on it in a short period of time. I don't have cruise control, though, and that's a big down side. The paint on the roof is fading, but other than that, the rest of it, cosmetically, looks super. I am actually in the market for a new car now, and I must say, It will be sad when I get rid of my reliable little, blue Laser!

Amazing Car
By "B" on 10/20/05 21:59 PM (PDT)

1993 Plymouth Laser RS Turbo 2dr Hatchback AWD

I purchased my 1993 Plymouth Laser this past summer. I knew that all of the mechanical parts were made by Mistubishi from the start which was of course a big plus. I bought it for $1,500 with just over 100,000 miles on it. I knew I was getting a good deal, but now I know just how great it really was. It can be as quiet as a kitten. But when someone gets on your bad side, all it takes is a little tap on the gas after gearing down and it is no trouble to pass most vehicles. From a standstill, its always nice to be able to hit 60 in second gear, and do so without waiting very long. I haven't driven it in the winter yet, but the AWD as kept me from spinning (when I don't want to that is) so far.

nice ride!
By faded on 09/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Plymouth Laser 2dr Hatchback

bought my "laser" a few months ago for a "dirt cheap" price. why?.. cause i couldn't get my saturn past inspection.. emmissions... beyond happy with the quality of this "dollar" car thus far... ($550)... took it on a 1,000 mile road-trip a few weeks ago... mostly to see if it was up to the task. it was and is. over that trip i averaged 37 mpg... 1.8 liter engine.. 4 spd auto overdrive trans... car ran flawlessly.. solid.. no rattles handles very well.

Great American Car
By Jrockyt on 12/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Plymouth Laser 2dr Hatchback

I bought my Laser used. Eight years and 120,000 miles later, it still runs great. The only problems I've encounterd is a faulty oil valve seal and fading paint. I've thought about buying another car, but I can't myself parting with it anytime soon. The key to keeping any car running well is keeping up on the scheduled maintenance. However, I admit I didn't think an american car would hold up this well.

good car
By boris on 09/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Plymouth Laser 2dr Hatchback

I bought it used on the auction with 118000 miles on it for 3500. I have it already for 4 years. It's 218000 on the car!!! i love it

A great car
By PF on 06/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Plymouth Laser 2dr Hatchback

Excellent car. Very few repairs over the years. Still on the original clutch. Paint is in great shape. With regular maintenance and reasonable driving I hope to get to 200,000 miles!

Dont buy it
By LT on 04/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Plymouth Laser RS 2dr Hatchback

I thought that i would end up with a great american car. Dont be confused this thing has caused me nothing but trouble at least 4grand in repairs and replacements. i finally sold it for about a grand for a new teenage driver, Thank god i got rid of it.