1992 Plymouth Laser - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Laser model:
Tons of fun
By kingghidora on 09/05/13 09:52 AM (PDT)

1992 Plymouth Laser RS Turbo 2dr Hatchback AWD

I owned a 1992 and a 1993. Common problems include transmission synchronizers after about 50k miles and turbos after 100k miles. And you don't want to forget to change the timing belt at about 60k miles. Overall this car is outstanding to drive. Crazy acceleration off the line but less when you hit 2nd gear. Still a super nice sports car with 50/50 power split between front and rear wheels which makes for wonderful handling especially if you use the throttle to lift the front end a little and power through curves with the front wheels pulling you in the direction you want to go. The car is capable of amazing speed in rally type conditions. Snow, gravel, or ice won't slow you down.

I Love this Car!
By judi on 07/03/06 12:37 PM (PDT)

1992 Plymouth Laser RS 2dr Hatchback

I have had my Laser RS non turbo for 14 years. It has 85,000 KM or approx 50,000 miles on it and has been the best car I have owned, except for the paint job which started to crack at around 4 1/2 years and no one knew what the problem was -- was just like fibre glass cracking. Found out it was the undercoat that had not been applied properly and seeped up through topcoat. I ended up having to have painted. I have only had one set of new brakes and 1 set of new tires in the entire 14 years. She is painted black and when washed and cared for shines like you wouldn't believe and the interior is pristine. That year in the RS model had beautiful seat covers.

Laser
By Laser RS on 05/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Plymouth Laser RS Turbo 2dr Hatchback AWD

fun car, but has some quirks that are inherent to all the DSM cars. After 100k miles expect some problems, with engine and trans. The AWD sticks like glue to curves, the turbo gives a kick to this little 4 banger like the muscle cars of the 60's.

eclipse/talon/lazer
By rcmf5525 on 09/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Plymouth Laser RS Turbo 2dr Hatchback AWD

Remember, the eclipse and talon were the same cars for these years. You can find the Lazer at lower prices. This engine has produced over 500hp. This might be the best domestic tuner compact out there.

this car is not too good
By chritsty on 10/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Plymouth Laser RS 2dr Hatchback

breaks down all the time and i always have to take it in for repairs and its a pain

Classic in the making
By Dave T. on 10/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Plymouth Laser RS Turbo 2dr Hatchback

This car has been serving me well for five years now. It still has loads of power and is still fun to drive. The only problems I have is the prices of the parts and replacing them (transmission being the biggest and most expensive of my problems), but it is still worth it for this fun car.

The
By schnetz on 07/31/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Plymouth Laser RS 2dr Hatchback

This has been the best car purchase I have made. I was about ready to give up on used cars and happened to get a good deal on this purchase. This has car has long outlasted my expectations, and runs very well. 140,000 miles and still counting.