Used 1991 Plymouth Laser Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Plymouth Laser Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Laser model:

Loved mine, but giving up
By Dale

1991 Plymouth Laser Hatchback 2dr Hatchback

Rust. It eventually gets most old cars. I had engine problems also, and had oil leaks, that I had repaired. But now there is little to no oil pressure, and the solution is more expensive than the car. Other troubles I had were the ECU, brakes that "came loose" and needed repair more than once, and rust in the struts/under-carriage. Still, I loved the car. Drove nicely and gave me the sports car feeling, in a front wheel vehicle that went great in snow. Lots of room with the rear seats down, for cargo. Two seater for people, for sure, anyway. Mine was basic, with the 1.8L engine, no supercharger, and it was NOT quick, more like an economy car, but still VERY fun to drive. I loved my laser, but it's time to part with it.

Great little car
By Foxtrot

1991 Plymouth Laser Hatchback RS 2dr Hatchback

I had a '92 Talon TSi and i love this little Laser about as much. It sits, rides, and handles like a little race car.

Sits like a racer

Motor mounts are a little funny, shifter could sit back a little.

Worth It
By heather

1991 Plymouth Laser Hatchback RS 2dr Hatchback

I love my Laser. I bought it primarily for the Mitsubishi 4g63 motor under the hood, then fell in love with it. It picks right up and goes when I want it to, handles great, runs beautiful, and has so much potential as a "fix-it- up" tuner car. Practically turbo-ready (as all 4g63 motors are), sleek looks and comfortable to ride in (the front seat). I thought I was buying a cheap replacement for my now-dead 1990 Eclipse, and found a car 10 times better.

Quick response to steering, gas & breaks. Comfortable & not too flashy.

Remove the backseat, its useless.

what a great car
By Ching Ching

1991 Plymouth Laser Hatchback RS 2dr Hatchback

This is an all around fun car.

The little power and eco butten is fun to mess around with.

nothing

sweet performance
By trboboost91

1991 Plymouth Laser Hatchback RS Turbo 2dr Hatchback

if you want a car that is most definitly fun to drive, quick, and and handles great buy one of these. If you NEED a vehicle with lots of space for traveling or what not then this probably isn't the best choise! These cars probably fall in the performance two seater category.

My favorite three features are turbo, turbo and turbo. Without the turbo these cars are just NOT worth the buy. I've owned two of these now and wouldn't consider buying one unless it was turbocharged!

That pesky timing belt problem! let me make one suggestion, TAKE THESE CARS TO A CERTIFIED MITSUBISHI DEALERSHIP!!! if its turbocharged mitsubishi makes the engine. timing belts are known to go out on these and replacing the t-belt is no walk in the park.