1991 Plymouth Laser Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Laser model:
Great little car
By Foxtrot on 06/04/07 18:20 PM (PDT)

1991 Plymouth Laser Hatchback RS 2dr Hatchback

I had a '92 Talon TSi and i love this little Laser about as much. It sits, rides, and handles like a little race car.

Worth It
By heather on 10/04/06 12:12 PM (PDT)

1991 Plymouth Laser Hatchback RS 2dr Hatchback

I love my Laser. I bought it primarily for the Mitsubishi 4g63 motor under the hood, then fell in love with it. It picks right up and goes when I want it to, handles great, runs beautiful, and has so much potential as a "fix-it- up" tuner car. Practically turbo-ready (as all 4g63 motors are), sleek looks and comfortable to ride in (the front seat). I thought I was buying a cheap replacement for my now-dead 1990 Eclipse, and found a car 10 times better.

what a great car
By Ching Ching on 06/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Plymouth Laser Hatchback RS 2dr Hatchback

This is an all around fun car.

sweet performance
By trboboost91 on 12/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Plymouth Laser Hatchback RS Turbo 2dr Hatchback

if you want a car that is most definitly fun to drive, quick, and and handles great buy one of these. If you NEED a vehicle with lots of space for traveling or what not then this probably isn't the best choise! These cars probably fall in the performance two seater category.

Great Car with 1 Major flaw
By Shyama on 09/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Plymouth Laser Hatchback RS 2dr Hatchback

I bought the car (Electric Blue Metallic) with dealer installed ground- effects, alloy rims and dark tinting. It looked sleek and sexy. It was a very good performer. I got it up to about 130 in the Utah desert while on a 7 month tour I took right after I bought it. I only rated it 8 for performance because of the 135 hp engine, still it was agile and glued to the road. But it had one fatal problem...the TIMING Belt broke 3 times. The first time I was idling so I just replaced it and drove away, the second time I put in a new engine, and the 3rd time I gave it to my gear-head brother. Except for the timing belt a great car.

Laser
By Damien LeVan on 06/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Plymouth Laser Hatchback RS Turbo 2dr Hatchback

it is one of the best cars I had ever driven because of the smooth ride and the overall performance.

Gutsy & Reliable
By TimD on 10/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Plymouth Laser Hatchback RS Turbo 2dr Hatchback

Have driven this car for over 60,000 miles. It's fast, responsive and gets very good gas mileage. One repair only - the cruise control went out. Extremely reliable. I have 98,000 miles on it now with the original brake pads. Keep bringing it in and my repair guy keeps telling me they look like new.

My car
By Falconsra on 06/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Plymouth Laser Hatchback RS 2dr Hatchback

Um.. I didn't want to give a review, just wanted to rate these cars. Anyway, these cars are very fun to drive. I have an Eagle Talon TSi just like my Laser RS that I have, and I love them both. You can tune these cars to run against anything. My talon is still a project car but my Laser I've put a system in and I've opened up the air box and put rims on it. Nothing special but you get a lot more outta of these cars with a tune up and opened air box with K&N air filter.

Eight years of use
By FCarr on 03/06/02 23:32 PM (PST)

1991 Plymouth Laser Hatchback RS 2dr Hatchback

I have driven my 1991 Laser RS, auto, non-turbo ( it looks exactly like the file photo ) for 8 years now. I go to different consumer ratings to look at how it stacks up and can not believe the 6-7 point ratings. It is the most agile city car I have driven in my28 years of diving.It is truly a 1 person car and I use it as such.

cool
By Ironmanx1 on 02/28/02 14:45 PM (PST)

Damn cool car.. Fast and Fun