1990 Plymouth Laser Consumer Review: DSM Rules!

1990 Plymouth Laser - Consumer Review

DSM Rules!
By KAR120C on

1990 Plymouth Laser RS Turbo 2dr Hatchback

I purchased this 90 Plymouth RS Turbo from a local dealership at a decent price with 161k on the clock. Had a new motor/turbo (A Big 16G) installed. Did a full belt replacement on this vehicle, tuneup, new tires and this thing is definitely a "Road Rocket" as was mentioned in a MOPAR review when these vehicles came out in the summer of 1989. Take it on a trip and it just flies down the freeway with superb handling and agility. Fuel economy ranges from the mid to high 20mpg range- as long as I didn't get carried away on the throttle. This is my 3rd DSM and love every one of them.

Favorite Features

The ergonomic feel of the cockpit - the seats are so confortable to be in and love the way you drive and ride low in these things. Rear wiper comes in totally handy-being as big as it is.

Suggested Improvements

As an old vehicle, I can't ask for improvements from the factory. But, when they were built in the early 90's, maybe larger wiperblades be in store so the entire windshield was wiped instead of leaving a good 6 inches from the window top.