1990 Plymouth Laser Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Laser model:
DSM Rules!
By KAR120C on 11/18/08 03:10 AM (PST)

1990 Plymouth Laser Hatchback RS Turbo 2dr Hatchback

I purchased this 90 Plymouth RS Turbo from a local dealership at a decent price with 161k on the clock. Had a new motor/turbo (A Big 16G) installed. Did a full belt replacement on this vehicle, tuneup, new tires and this thing is definitely a "Road Rocket" as was mentioned in a MOPAR review when these vehicles came out in the summer of 1989. Take it on a trip and it just flies down the freeway with superb handling and agility. Fuel economy ranges from the mid to high 20mpg range- as long as I didn't get carried away on the throttle. This is my 3rd DSM and love every one of them.

DSM classic quality
By Miles Hoffmann on 05/08/08 02:03 AM (PDT)

1990 Plymouth Laser Hatchback 2dr Hatchback

I purchased my '90 Plymouth Laser RS Turbo this last spring - being this is my third DSM vehicle and my first turbo machine. Unit was well taken care of outside of a few dings here and there. I really love these vehicles due to the classis "1G" styling of the 'pop-up' headlights, radical cockpit interior, low riding seats which are tons confortable to sit in - even on long distances. Also, quite impressed, even with a turbo motor, achieving 28mpg on an average city/freeway run. Overall, best vehicles that could ever be on the road.

My 1990 Plymouth Laser
By vannyc on 12/19/05 18:23 PM (PST)

1990 Plymouth Laser Hatchback RS 2dr Hatchback

Even though my Plymouth Laser had many problems when I bought it, once all the things were fixed it ran like brand new and is very reliable now. I love it.

It's a DSM
By Dragonfire on 07/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Plymouth Laser Hatchback RS 2dr Hatchback

This DSM, like all, need lots of attention. The car can be troublesome when puting upgrades in, bolt on or otherwise. You will always want to have patience with this car. The only other problem is that the backseat isn't very useable. Other than that, The Plymouth Laser is a fun car to drive and one that you will get noticed in.

1990 Plymouth Laser RS Turbo
By Braden LLerenas on 05/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Plymouth Laser Hatchback RS Turbo 2dr Hatchback

I've had this car for a few year but i just bought a rebuilt engine for it last fall anyway I love this car Its fun to drive and pretty reliable

I still miss it
By Nat3 on 04/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Plymouth Laser Hatchback RS Turbo 2dr Hatchback

I loved this car! The performance was a HUGE difference from my old car ('84 bmw 318i). I spent more money in those 3 months on this Laser than I had spent on my BMW (which runs very poorly) in a year, including gas. In the 3 months I had the car I replaced the battery twice, the alternator twice, P/S pump, and all the P/S lines. The car had already had a lot of work right before I got it too, new clutch, new cv boots, new front axles, complete AC system replaced, and some other stuff. I had just replaced the timing belt and the car was running GREAT! it had more power than ever, got great gas mileage, and sounded smooth...for two days.

decent fast car
By gmaki on 12/09/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Plymouth Laser Hatchback RS Turbo 2dr Hatchback

Its a blast to drive with the turbo, but be careful to let it idle after driving. I have had to replace the turbo twice in 2 years.

Laser - Outstanding
By Drex on 12/07/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Plymouth Laser Hatchback RS Turbo 2dr Hatchback

This car has been mechanically outstanding. The only problem I can highlight is the popup headlamps which sometimes fail to work. With the Turbo it is really a lot of fun to drive.

This Car Rocks!!!!
By Antonio Gonzalez on 06/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Plymouth Laser Hatchback RS 2dr Hatchback

I just recently bought a Laser after reading these reviews. I have a 1990 Laser RS. The car has high mileage be you couldn't tell if well kept this car is well worth the investment and fun to drive. For you audio freaks out there like me, lasers are great and easy to put quality systems in. The only thing about the car is the paint starts to wear and look crappy.

The Best Car I Will Ever Own
By Delana on 06/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Plymouth Laser Hatchback RS 2dr Hatchback

The Plymouth Laser RS was my first car. It had the best sound system and gas milegage you could ever ask for. I am a college student and I drove everywhere and that car only needed 14.00 once every two weeks to fill it up. It was a very realible car and ran great. Exterior wise it was a metallic blue that was very intriging. The shape of it was very mezmorizing and the interior of it was very nice too. The car itself was very good in rain and snow. I honestly could not have asked for a better car. I would honestly recommended this car to anyone. It is a great sports car for a great price!