2000 Plymouth Grand Voyager - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Voyager model:
Great Family Car
By Coda on 10/26/09 07:44 AM (PDT)

2000 Plymouth Grand Voyager 4dr Minivan

The van has not been a problem. From my wife's point of view she has loved it. She likes the interior, very comfy and big. For tall people it is not a knee smasher or neck bender to get in. Very nice design. From a Mechanics point of view, it has been dependable. Transmission has held up, I change the trans fluid and filter every 40,000. The engine has no problems, change oil and run synthetic every 5,000. Braking is no problem for a van...this van is not a lamborgina, but if I wanted a lamb...then I would have bought it. The headlamps like all cars now are of plastic, keep them buffed or they dull the intesity of the headlights considerably. Do the maintenance,the van will take care you.

We love it!
By Sandy on 09/01/06 20:05 PM (PDT)

2000 Plymouth Grand Voyager SE 4dr Minivan

We have had our van for over six years and have had no problems with it. It has been reliable in all weather conditions and comfortable for our teenagers while they were growing up. All in all we love it.

Solid, quiet - but many mechanical issue
By Caseybea on 05/03/06 10:29 AM (PDT)

2000 Plymouth Grand Voyager SE 4dr Minivan

I have owned since I got it new in 1999. For those considering buying one used - I recommend caution. Overall, the van is reasonably solid, and the seats are all heavy and mostly comfortable (way better than current stow-and-go). Quality/reliability is a concern - the alignment went bad after about 80,000 miles and they've never been able to fix it right since. Front suspension on driver side is rusting through the body. Went through two transmissions. A/C compressor blew at only 34000 miles. Many other failures that have become expensive. If you can find one of these with low miles, it's a good van for long trips. Highway mileage not terrible, but city mileage is low.

Good Vehicle
By Jim on 12/10/05 11:10 AM (PST)

2000 Plymouth Grand Voyager SE 4dr Minivan

We've had our Grand Voyager for over 5 years now. It is our third one in a row, and we have had no problems with any of them. We considered trading on an SUV, but based on mileage, seating capacity and utility a minivan still made more sense for us.

Turtle Top Is Fine
By Mark Three Convers. on 03/03/05 15:25 PM (PST)

2000 Plymouth Grand Voyager SE 4dr Minivan

This Mark III model is loaded. The TV is great for grandkids. 6 disc CD is great for all. The interior running lights add a nice touch. Leather all around, second row removable seats ( 3rd bench also) is not unmanageable-even for grandad. Never used the headset/radio that is for rear passengers only. Vehicle now has 76,000 miles with no problems to date. Front rotors are starting to pulsate, can't complain. Highway mileage is a shade under 21 mpg, also pretty good. Hauled a set of bunk beds 2 weeks ago.

dependable, roomy family mover
By Jason on 02/12/05 20:59 PM (PST)

2000 Plymouth Grand Voyager SE 4dr Minivan

The 3.3l v6 is responsive, and gets pretty good mileage for a car this size. The seats are easily removed, if a little heavy once out, and comfortable. There is a lot of good in this car.

My mistake
By biohazard8724 on 05/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Plymouth Grand Voyager SE 4dr Minivan

I never wanted to buy an American car but this one was in our price range. What a mistake! Buy a Honda or Toyota.

Suites my needs
By Saviore on 11/07/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Plymouth Grand Voyager 4dr Minivan

It rides well and it is roomy and comfortable, but I have a few caviats.