Perfection minus transmission
By whofan on
1999 Plymouth Grand Voyager SE 4dr Minivan
I haven't had the infamous transmission trouble. This is the best all around vehicle I ever driven and owned. At this time I will not hesitate to replace this van with another, in fact I plan doing so on it when time comes. The headlights on the newer models have been improved, the 96-00 models are a little dim. The rear seat rattles in mine. This van has plenty of zip with the 3.3L engine. It has an outstanding comforable drive, with small car maneuverablity and huge amount of room. This is the best of all worlds although a compromise. My van has 85,000 miles with only routine maintence and one belt tensioner. It has a quality feel and build.
Favorite Features
Quad seating, lots of room, tall seat position, good looks, outstanding interior layout. Best overall vehicle on the road in my book. Almost a do all ride. Still the best in my book.
Suggested Improvements
Fix the notorious transmission problems. I havent experienced this yet, but I would like to tow a boat with mine but I don't trust the transmission. The headlights have been improved but not a major problem in the older models. Gas mileage is around 22 mpg highway, which is a bit thirsty. The good blows away the bad.