Used 1999 Plymouth Grand Voyager Minivan Consumer Reviews - 28 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Plymouth Grand Voyager Minivan - Consumer Reviews

1999 Plymouth Grand Voyager Minivan

View reviews for a specific Grand Voyager model:

3.3 V6 is a Great engine
By tmgj

1999 Plymouth Grand Voyager Minivan SE 4dr Minivan

Our van has 189,000 miles and is still going strong, original transmission and engine. A couple times a year it needs a new part or two, but it's always small, cheap stuff. I think the transmission problem is with the 3.8 V6, not the 3.3 b/c me and everyone I know with the 3.3 hasn't had transmission problems. I splurged on new shocks/struts and tires and the thing cruises so smooth down the interstate you'd think it was new. We've been very happy with this van. Only gripe is the gas mileage, 14 around town, 20-21 on the highway, it's about the same as an SUV.

Dual sliding doors, simple controls for HVAC and Stereo, overall ease of use.

Gas mileage, rear drum brakes should be disc.

99 voyager

fine

Happy Van
By FEN1959

1999 Plymouth Grand Voyager Minivan SE 4dr Minivan

I bought my 99 Grand Voyager new. It's been very reliable. While under warranty I had a problem with rear wheel bearings and with the overdrive sensor in the transmission. At about 80,000 miles, had a problem with the headlight switch. Still looks good at 151,000 miles and I plan to run it for a while yet. The 3.3 engine is very reliable and I've not had problems with the transmission that seem to plague others.

Lots of space. Even works for hauling lumber. Lots of cup holders.

A nice console between the front seats would be mice.

Best car I've ever owned.
By Alan B.

1999 Plymouth Grand Voyager Minivan SE 4dr Minivan

I've been driving for 44 years and owned maybe a dozen cars. This is by far the best of all. I have 210,000 miles on this van in 10 years. It's been tuned up only twice, the last time being 3 years ago. Just last week it passed DEQ/EPA emissions testing with flying colors. Not one major component has ever failed up to this point although it appears the starter may need to be replaced soon. I've driven 4,000 mile trips and enjoyed every minute of driving. On one trip in 2008 I drove 1070 miles in 17 hours in a single day. A week later I made the retun trip in a single day. At no time was I uncomfortable or fatigued. Maybe I own the exception rather than the rule but I love it.

Very comforable captain's set. Good sound system. Smooth handling at all speeds.

It could use a bit more horsepower.

Money Pit
By Fed Up Mom

1999 Plymouth Grand Voyager Minivan 4dr Minivan

We purchased our '99 van in '00 with only 7,000 miles on it. The engine went in 2004. Since then we have replaced oil pump, fuel pump, radiator, and now the transmission is gone. The driver window doesn't work, as well as the left rear vent window. The power lock for the rear hatch stopped working in 2002. We have had trouble with the ac for the past 4 years. The van's rear left speaker caught fire in 2005 while I was driving to work. Thank God my children weren't with me at the time. The bushings are shot and the brake system has always given us trouble. From the first year we purchased it the van leaked water into the front. I regret the day we bought this van.

The seats are very comfortable and there is alot of room.

The entire van should be over-hauled and Chrysler should really listen to their customers!