Used 1998 Plymouth Grand Voyager Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Voyager model:

Would buy another
By ztagwil

1998 Plymouth Grand Voyager Expresso 4dr Minivan

We were fortunate to have bought an experimental van by Chrysler. It is an Expresso Grand Voyager, 6-cyl, 3.8L. It has a truck chassie and a towing package. We have pulled a camper for 8-9 yrs. Have 195k. It has been a tank, very comfortable with 4 captains chairs. Replaced transmission once. We need another van, to carry 7, and to pull our camper. We think, that if you can find one of the 1600 ever made, you can trust it. Looking for a sleeper (one with low mileage).

Very comfortable seating. Love the 4 captains chairs,

Need better gas mileage. Use glass headlights. Very poor lighting of the road.

Worst car ever
By kabinda

1998 Plymouth Grand Voyager Expresso 4dr Minivan

I had a 1998 Expresso model. The best thing about this bucket of bolts was the day I sold it. I owned it for 4 years and the list of parts I went through is to long to mention. I would not recommend this car to my worst enemy, unless they were independently wealthy enough to have it repaired at least twice a month. When I sold it for $600 it still needed almost $1200 worth of parts just to get it started. Because of this heap of junk, I will NEVER even consider another Chrysler product.

The day I sold it.

Take of the radiator cap and drive an new car underneath.

TOTAL TRASH
By 12 years of horror

1998 Plymouth Grand Voyager SE 4dr Minivan

Worst car I ever owner(Ford Taurus a close second)I purchased this van new and have always taken it back for service every 3000 mi and did what ever the maintenance called for.Needless to say I have had constant problems from day one with this van.It has been towed more times than I want to remember.Over the years I have just about replaced everything-transmission,starter, generator, steering column,ignition switch 2x,AC parts,wheel cylinders, sway bushings 4x,computer module parts,radiator,gaskets..+++++ Everytime it was repaired I thought that would be it..but problems never stoped.Now that the second trans went again I finally gave up the ship @155K.Toyota/Honda/Subaru, here I come

Good comfort and smooth ride

Build a reliable product so people will return

Same as any other used vehicle
By Cindy

1998 Plymouth Grand Voyager SE 4dr Minivan

I LOVE the roominess of the van. I have a large family and needed the room and often haul bigger items in it. It has been GREAT for this. This is the 3rd Grand Voyager I've owed. I've replaced the transmission, the surpentine belt several times until I finally replaced the pully and solved that problem. When we replaced the battery, the interior lights started flashing and the cruise stopped working, the lights and the horn don't work. Like everyone has said, transmission and electrical is where you will sink your money into this used vehicle. But every used car has problems. We've taken the rear seats out and had a nice bed when we drove from Idaho to Arizona twice with no problems.

Easily removable bench seats that lay back or fold up. Comfortable.

Obviously transmission and electrical.

Transmission problems
By Deane'sMiniVan

1998 Plymouth Grand Voyager 4dr Minivan

I had always wanted a Mini Van w/a left side door ,we bought one( A Plymouth Grand Voyager) from a couple and it ran like a dream for a week then all of a sudden it would move in Reverse, but will not move in D 1 2 .Do you have any idea if it's the filter ,bands, or what! It has approx 120,000 miles ,By the way the couple was not hard on this van ,they just got a newer one.

I just like it the Design Period!!!!!!!!!Absolutely no Complaints except for the Transmissions small problem

I would hope to have a AM/FM stereo w/ C D player installed some time soon ,