1994 Plymouth Grand Voyager Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Voyager model:
Old mini
By Pbag on 11/04/08 15:09 PM (PST)

1994 Plymouth Grand Voyager Minivan SE 3dr Minivan

Funny, when I read some reviews of 94 Grand Voyager many have transmissiom problems at around 45k to 60k's miles. I do not have any problem with my transmission yet, right now it has 202,000 original miles on it! Its still going strong!

Still running at a quarter of a million
By Chapappler on 04/16/06 22:57 PM (PDT)

1994 Plymouth Grand Voyager Minivan LE 3dr Minivan

We've put 200 of the 250k miles on this van and we have no complaints. The engine is the 3.8 liter, and it's plenty powerful. The transmission lasted us 200k, a/c needed work, but what do you expect with that much use? It's with reluctance we plan to get a new (used) van, probably my daughter's Mazda MPV. This is without a doubt the most faithful van my wife has ever driven. She loves it, and trusts it. It has all the bells & whistles, and they still work. It's just getting old, and things are wearing out. Radiator this week, who knows what next? This van will go down in our family hall of fame as a great vehicle!

Solid overall performer
By Dude on 12/18/04 01:42 AM (PST)

1994 Plymouth Grand Voyager Minivan SE 3dr Minivan

Bought this van new and it had it's share of problems, but most of them happened within the 70K mile warranty period. Tranny failed at 45K, but rebuilt has been great since. Since the warranty ran out, the van has been great! It's very nice to drive especially on trips/vacations. It's a pleasure on the highway and gets better mileage as it gets older. Performance is excellent for only 162 hp. Lots of low end power. I now have 134K miles on it and the engine stil purrs. The 3.3 liter engine is a sound engine. I wish I would have gotten the captains chairs. The center bench is not very comfortable and does not have head rests. Overall, I have been very pleased with this vehicle.

Not the whole package
By Eagleeye on 02/09/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Plymouth Grand Voyager Minivan LE 3dr Minivan

This is a well designed vehicle from a comfort standpoint, but one with engineering design and manufacturing flaws that are exasperating. We had to replace our transmission at about 40,000 miles. This has been a common problem that Chrysler has never seemed to fix. The paint peeled off of the roof really early. Goop (too much sealant) ran from the windows. Clothes hooks broke, the tape player broke; the front speakers need to be replaced. The remote entry devices in the door broke. On and on. It made me worry for Detroit's future against foreign competitors.

jusJUST KEEPS ON GOING
By JEFF on 12/03/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Plymouth Grand Voyager Minivan SE 3dr Minivan

I bought this van used with 100,000 miles. It know has 191,000. Yes, I have replaces the norm tires, struts shocks bearings, breakes, rotors, tie rods, even the front anti sway bar snapped. I have also replaced the starter and most of the a/c componants. The van still has a ok apperance (some rust)But heck I put on 35,000 a year. I only paid $4,200 and have invested $1,800 in keeping it safely mechanicly sound. The only thing I dont like is the 3.3 engine & trany leak. But with 191,000 its cheaper to pour than to repair. I toe a 3300lb boat and snowmobile. it does all I need. This is my third chrysler mini van. And yes I would buy a 4th.

ugg trans
By dstiny on 07/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Plymouth Grand Voyager Minivan SE 3dr Minivan

Problems with trans at 130,000. If your not looking to put alot of money into this van look else where. Trans is almost a definite future repair. Not bad on pickup for a van though.

Best van ever!!
By Campbell on 03/05/02 17:32 PM (PST)

1994 Plymouth Grand Voyager Minivan SE 3dr Minivan

A truly remarkable vehicle. I have owned it since new and driven it over 167,000 miles. Only minimal routine maintenance has been required. Almost all parts remain original and still in good working order. Equiped with 3.3 engine and 4 speed automatic transmission. Cost of ownership over eight years could only be lower if you used a bicycle!

My Car
By daydreamer1 on 02/28/02 09:09 AM (PST)

1994 Plymouth Grand Voyager Minivan LE 3dr Minivan

My v6 Voyager has 90,000+ and is the most reliable auto I've owned. I love all the travel accessories and the ride is excellent. Gas mileage is not as good as I would have liked but not bad either. Only complaint is it seems to go thru tires quickly. No repairs just maintance items so far.