Used 1993 Plymouth Grand Voyager Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Voyager model:

Old but still kickin'
By Tor

1993 Plymouth Grand Voyager SE 3dr Minivan

I purchased this van from a family member and had it shipped via rail across the country. It already had a rebuilt tranny, I just recently replaced it. (thus making it the 3rd including the original) Rides like new, drives like new, looks like new too! (except for the peeling paint on the roof...) All accessories function great, never needed any major repairs. (other than trannys) Will soon need new suspension (replacing original), new brakes (3 yrs. old), new computer (shifting issues with the new rebuilt)

Favorite Features

Well-lit guages & dash, warning chime for almost everything, runs perfectly, reliability!

Suggested Improvements

It's long overdue that Chrysler threw out the blueprint for the A604 transmission, they just didn't hold up at all! Bigger engine, more power.

Like the Energizer bunny!
By Annie R

1993 Plymouth Grand Voyager SE 3dr Minivan

This van has 179K miles on it and is still going. We've done expected repairs and replacements on it, nothing too extensive (rebuilt transmission right after purchase, that was the most expensive). Way more comfortable than new minivans we've rented to take a couple of trips. Heater never has worked well, which is a pain if you're driving in winter at night (takes 30 minutes to warm up!). A/C only blows from the dash, so back of car can get pretty warm in summer. We will drive this until it DIES.

Favorite Features

Comfort, placement of back seats.

Suggested Improvements

Too old to worry about.

Mountain Climber
By Hotwinger

1993 Plymouth Grand Voyager SE 3dr Minivan AWD

This is the second AWD Plymouth Minivan that I"ve owned. The previous one a1991. It is too bad that Chrysler is no longer making AWD available on the 2005 models. These are excellent all weather vehicles and by far more useful than any SUV out there. I'm surprised the automotive press did not heap more praise on these totally capable vehicles. Besides the typical belts and hoses I've had 50,000 miles of trouble free use and now have 158,000 miles on it. It will still make someone a good winter car as I'm replacing it with a'97 Town & Country LXI AWD with less miles. The major design flaw was the rear heater tubes that rust out. I replaced them twice.

Favorite Features

Best creature feature was the comfortable chair height seat. The AWD system was flawless and always climbed my 1/4 mile long uphill mountain lane covered with snow and ice. I will always opt for this drive systen on any future vehicle. Drives like a car with more utility value than an SUV. The best.

Suggested Improvements

Make the rear heater supply tubes out of stainless steel. I hope Chrysler will bring AWD back on the next generation of vans. The AWD Pacificas are nice but lack the hauling capacity and usefulnessof a minivan.

93 Grand SE
By hdwr2784

1993 Plymouth Grand Voyager SE 3dr Minivan

We bought this vehicle from our mechanic. My only concern was the possible transmisson problems that had plauged these vans. He assured me that he had gone through the van stem to stern. We have put 15000 mile on it in 9 months, and have only replaced two tires, front brakes and recharged the A/C! I am very impressed, and will own more Chrysler products.

Favorite Features

The seating postion is great, the fact that every gauge is backed up by a light AND chime is the best in the business. I also am impressed with the reliability.

Suggested Improvements

The only thing that both my wife and I have complained about is the tilt wheel. It needs one more detent between the lowest and mid position.

great van
By steve froehlich

1993 Plymouth Grand Voyager LE 3dr Minivan

I bought this van three years ago, and I've only had to perform routine maintanence on it.

Favorite Features

Luxury edition.