Used 1991 Plymouth Grand Voyager Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Voyager model:

Good used van for 700 dollars
By old mechanic

1991 Plymouth Grand Voyager Minivan LE 3dr Minivan

Bought this van in January for 700 dollars. Very reliable with good mileage. What more can you expect for less than a thousand!

Favorite Features

Mileage, reliability

Suggested Improvements

Antilock brakes should be better.

Old Faithful
By Julie in Kansas

1991 Plymouth Grand Voyager Minivan LE 3dr Minivan AWD

I love my old minivan. It has 265,000+ miles on it and I drive it every day. Have never been afraid to take it on a trip. No engine work, other than routine maintenance and on 2nd transmission. Even now, with this many miles, I never get below 18mpg and usually get 20 with a mix of in-town and hwy of 30 miles a day. 3 years ago, when I was consistently going out of town once a week, I could always count on 22-23mpg. Think I got a good one!

Favorite Features

Love the AWD and the driver seat adjustability.

Suggested Improvements

Wish the paint had held up better.

Good long distance van
By voyager

1991 Plymouth Grand Voyager Minivan LE 3dr Minivan

We have used this van for 9 years on some long trips. I has never broken down on us and with normal maintenance has served us very well.

Favorite Features

Lots of space inside for people and luggage. Love the computer console showing distance to empty, mpg, outside temp. The seats are quite comfortable and the sound system is good.

Suggested Improvements

Headrests on the back seats would be good as well as a folding middle seat. The rear seat back folds down, but not the middle seat. It would also be nice if the passenger seat was adjustable. Ours is fixed.

What a Money Pit
By MeanJohn

1991 Plymouth Grand Voyager Minivan SE 3dr Minivan

We bought this minivan used, "Driven only by the Dealership owner's wife". It was a good idea to pay for an ext. warranty. The transmission died while still under warranty. The A/C died afterwards. Everything is coming apart on this thing. Almost all the interior plastic molding has to be constantly re- screwed in. The sliding door fell off its track a few times already. The Infinity cassette died and took a favorite cassette with it. The driver seat recline mechanism won't allow the seat back to stay upright (try driving without any back support). Not enough room to complain about everything else wrong with it. Need a high cliff to drive it off of!

Favorite Features

When the engine runs, it has alot of power.

Suggested Improvements

Keep the large interior space but look to the Japanese for more dependable interior accessories.