1999 Plymouth Breeze Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Breeze model:
Death Trap
By Susan Johnson on 09/20/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Plymouth Breeze Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought this one from a private owner and Sat. it caught fire and was done for. Numerous repairs and in the end $4k up in smoke. Luckily she wasn't in the car (at a grocery store) when it happened.

its ok
By g_babii_nd on 08/23/09 19:21 PM (PDT)

1999 Plymouth Breeze Sedan 4dr Sedan

well my mom gave her car to me and yea i have noticed she put more money into fixing it than its actually worth (not including rims, tinted windows, and 6- disk cd changer and paint job)but it has a great system for an older car and its nice cushed seats as well as leaking fluids ALL THE TIME other than that im greatfull i just have a car that will get me where i want to go ( but hard to go up hills) it still looks ok for a 10 year old car

Horrible
By immigrant on 02/17/09 18:52 PM (PST)

1999 Plymouth Breeze Sedan 4dr Sedan

This car has been a nightmare for us. It's my first car. I bought it used at 74k miles. Now it has 86k miles. I only drive roads (no highways) mainly because I'm afraid. The car broke many times. Had to replace radiator, starter, brakes, tires, spark plugs, oil gasket and many many other things which cost me a lot of money. Today it broke again! It's a junk and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. I have to admit though, the stereo system is much better than many other new prestigious cars (has very good bass). The drive is comfortable... no sudden shocks when gears change. Besides the fluids leaking, excessive rust and paint peeling, the car looked and still looks OK. Good design for a '99.

Good Car
By goodguy on 01/17/09 12:04 PM (PST)

1999 Plymouth Breeze Sedan Expresso 4dr Sedan

This car has been the poster car for reliability. Good gas mileage (32 measured highway), more then enough power with the 2.4 liter engine. If forced to get picky, the oil pan gasket leaked oil when the car was new and the torque converter failed at 120K miles, the head gasket leaks about one quart every 2K miles now, but this is on a car that has over 170K miles. The interior and over all ride is like new. Overall, can't complain, would I buy this car again, absolutely.

Great Car for the Money!
By FargoNDMan2009 on 07/22/08 23:32 PM (PDT)

1999 Plymouth Breeze Sedan 4dr Sedan

Upon buying this car (2.0L) I've had to get a brake over-haul, as well as the alternator (from the previous owners neglect). I've taken great care of it since I have owned it. I've taken it all the way to Sturges SD, Minneapolis MN, Cavalier ND, Bismarck ND, Minot ND, Tioga ND, Devils L. All trips have been in excess of 350 miles and no problems. I haven't even mentioned how many 200 mile trips I have taken as well. People who complain about this car don't take care of it or expect more out of it than it can provide. I've had repairs too but it's expected. When I bought mine it had 84,000k on it and now it has 154,000k and still runs strong with great mileage (28avg).

OK.
By JV on 05/31/08 09:29 AM (PDT)

1999 Plymouth Breeze Sedan 4dr Sedan

It's an OK vehicle. Bought it five years ago and did well until about a year ago. The interior is very cheap looking ( and put together) along with the center console. Brakes (third set), tierods, water pump, and the AC unit have all crapped in the past year. Very noisy engine but great gas MPG. Not very accommodating for a big person. This is like all Detroit-made sedans, great off the assembly line but not good resold.

Break Down
By tanlines on 02/24/07 10:17 AM (PST)

1999 Plymouth Breeze Sedan 4dr Sedan

My car had less than 40,000 miles on it and blew the transmission! It has had mega problems following tranny replacement, which weren't solved by dealership for over two months. It gets good, but not great gas mileage. It doesn't run smoothly like our other car, a Ford 6 cyl. It has a very rough idle. I'd never buy another 4 cyl. vehicle.

Refreshing as a summer "Breeze"
By Stenens on 10/13/05 10:38 AM (PDT)

1999 Plymouth Breeze Sedan 4dr Sedan

Over the couple years I had my Plymouth Breeze I have come to love it. Although the outer appearance did not appeal to me at first, I'm pleased I choose this car over a smaller sportier car.

Enjoy this car
By Rex on 08/24/05 15:43 PM (PDT)

1999 Plymouth Breeze Sedan 4dr Sedan

This car is fun to drive and is more sure footed than a lot of cars than I have driven over years. I have been driving for 42 years and driven cars in several other countries.

The Car's name, Breeze, Says it all.
By DougS on 07/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Plymouth Breeze Sedan Expresso 4dr Sedan

I bought this car as a second car to my family mini-van. I have never been dissapointed. With the rear seat folded, long loads such as tools or lumber fit easily. The trunk is especially large, even w/the seat up. The options, such as cruise, power sunroof and the power seats make the car feel much more expensive. An especially helpful option is the heated mirrors. After 5 very cold Ohio winters I find that I rely on this feature quite a bit. One area of concern though is rust. I have found "rust mumps" along the front of the hood. Other than that I would definitally purchase another given the value for money spent.