Used 1999 Plymouth Breeze Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Plymouth Breeze Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Breeze model:

Death Trap
By Susan Johnson

1999 Plymouth Breeze Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought this one from a private owner and Sat. it caught fire and was done for. Numerous repairs and in the end $4k up in smoke. Luckily she wasn't in the car (at a grocery store) when it happened.

its ok
By g_babii_nd

1999 Plymouth Breeze Sedan 4dr Sedan

well my mom gave her car to me and yea i have noticed she put more money into fixing it than its actually worth (not including rims, tinted windows, and 6- disk cd changer and paint job)but it has a great system for an older car and its nice cushed seats as well as leaking fluids ALL THE TIME other than that im greatfull i just have a car that will get me where i want to go ( but hard to go up hills) it still looks ok for a 10 year old car

sterio system big trunk automatic windows and locks size comfort

Horrible
By immigrant

1999 Plymouth Breeze Sedan 4dr Sedan

This car has been a nightmare for us. It's my first car. I bought it used at 74k miles. Now it has 86k miles. I only drive roads (no highways) mainly because I'm afraid. The car broke many times. Had to replace radiator, starter, brakes, tires, spark plugs, oil gasket and many many other things which cost me a lot of money. Today it broke again! It's a junk and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. I have to admit though, the stereo system is much better than many other new prestigious cars (has very good bass). The drive is comfortable... no sudden shocks when gears change. Besides the fluids leaking, excessive rust and paint peeling, the car looked and still looks OK. Good design for a '99.

Strong tough steering. Good sound system. Nice cruise control buttons on the steering wheel. Enough space for everything. Defrost mirrors.

Stop the leaking!

Good Car
By goodguy

1999 Plymouth Breeze Sedan Expresso 4dr Sedan

This car has been the poster car for reliability. Good gas mileage (32 measured highway), more then enough power with the 2.4 liter engine. If forced to get picky, the oil pan gasket leaked oil when the car was new and the torque converter failed at 120K miles, the head gasket leaks about one quart every 2K miles now, but this is on a car that has over 170K miles. The interior and over all ride is like new. Overall, can't complain, would I buy this car again, absolutely.

Great Car for the Money!
By FargoNDMan2009

1999 Plymouth Breeze Sedan 4dr Sedan

Upon buying this car (2.0L) I've had to get a brake over-haul, as well as the alternator (from the previous owners neglect). I've taken great care of it since I have owned it. I've taken it all the way to Sturges SD, Minneapolis MN, Cavalier ND, Bismarck ND, Minot ND, Tioga ND, Devils L. All trips have been in excess of 350 miles and no problems. I haven't even mentioned how many 200 mile trips I have taken as well. People who complain about this car don't take care of it or expect more out of it than it can provide. I've had repairs too but it's expected. When I bought mine it had 84,000k on it and now it has 154,000k and still runs strong with great mileage (28avg).

Easy controls, door locks, seats, ride, handling is superb, body style, yellow covers and handles under the engine. Plymouth makes it easy for you to maintain this car. Bottom line: take care of it and it will take care of you!

Just wish it had a little more torque on the low end from a stop as well as a slightly better transmission. Other than that, just minor tweaks in the build of it.