Used 1999 Plymouth Breeze Sedan Consumer Reviews - 24 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Plymouth Breeze Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Breeze model:

Repair after repair
By Ash

1999 Plymouth Breeze Sedan Expresso 4dr Sedan

I still have my car but when I find another one it is gone this is my first car I have had axel tie rods sensors break line you name it changed this is rediculas for a first car the first year I had it it was fine then the first thing that whent out was my shifting sensor around Christmas and iv been fixing it ever sense I will never recommend this car to anyone

Death Trap
By Susan Johnson

1999 Plymouth Breeze Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought this one from a private owner and Sat. it caught fire and was done for. Numerous repairs and in the end $4k up in smoke. Luckily she wasn't in the car (at a grocery store) when it happened.

its ok
By g_babii_nd

1999 Plymouth Breeze Sedan 4dr Sedan

well my mom gave her car to me and yea i have noticed she put more money into fixing it than its actually worth (not including rims, tinted windows, and 6- disk cd changer and paint job)but it has a great system for an older car and its nice cushed seats as well as leaking fluids ALL THE TIME other than that im greatfull i just have a car that will get me where i want to go ( but hard to go up hills) it still looks ok for a 10 year old car

sterio system big trunk automatic windows and locks size comfort

Horrible
By immigrant

1999 Plymouth Breeze Sedan 4dr Sedan

This car has been a nightmare for us. It's my first car. I bought it used at 74k miles. Now it has 86k miles. I only drive roads (no highways) mainly because I'm afraid. The car broke many times. Had to replace radiator, starter, brakes, tires, spark plugs, oil gasket and many many other things which cost me a lot of money. Today it broke again! It's a junk and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. I have to admit though, the stereo system is much better than many other new prestigious cars (has very good bass). The drive is comfortable... no sudden shocks when gears change. Besides the fluids leaking, excessive rust and paint peeling, the car looked and still looks OK. Good design for a '99.

Strong tough steering. Good sound system. Nice cruise control buttons on the steering wheel. Enough space for everything. Defrost mirrors.

Stop the leaking!

Good Car
By goodguy

1999 Plymouth Breeze Sedan Expresso 4dr Sedan

This car has been the poster car for reliability. Good gas mileage (32 measured highway), more then enough power with the 2.4 liter engine. If forced to get picky, the oil pan gasket leaked oil when the car was new and the torque converter failed at 120K miles, the head gasket leaks about one quart every 2K miles now, but this is on a car that has over 170K miles. The interior and over all ride is like new. Overall, can't complain, would I buy this car again, absolutely.