1998 Plymouth Breeze Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Breeze model:
Never a Problem
By greenfield2 on 01/14/12 19:52 PM (PST)

1998 Plymouth Breeze Sedan 4dr Sedan

Bought the breeze @ 209K for 550, and put 500 into it for new brakes and tie-rod Never been in the shop since great car for getting around and going places the cars at 233K and still going strong. Great first car I would suggest it for anyone looking for a good car

Terrible, first car nightmare
By Anonymous on 12/08/10 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Plymouth Breeze Sedan 4dr Sedan

My mom bought a car for my sister and I for our first car. she ended up giving me this piece of crap because it's racking up the repairs. I can't rely on it to be good for a couple months without a major repair and I don't do anything other than drive to work everyday.Having no heat every freaking winter in Minnesota sucks terribly, head gaskets, radiators, etc always goes out annually.AC also went out, blowers went out, trunk latch stopped working randomly, brakes squeak even after being in shop, horn had to be unplugged because it goes off when I hit the gas, can't replace without doing whole steering column.Very hard to merge in fast traffic with this engine.Piece of crap

If you think you like it
By Ash on 09/27/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Plymouth Breeze Sedan 4dr Sedan

I have only had my car a year and a half and have already put more in to the car than I got it for. I got my car for $1700 and now I've put almost $3000 in it. I had the car for 4 months before it started causing me problems. I started college 2 months ago and my car has been in the shop 5 time since then. I love the car but its problems are too much for a Freshman in college. If you think about getting this car for you high schooler do it but once they get in college start looking for a new car. I think the car would be great if it was built better.

Nice car for the money
By Mark Meyering on 12/19/09 17:16 PM (PST)

1998 Plymouth Breeze Sedan 4dr Sedan

Bought this car with 112,000 on it looked to be well taken care of. I now have 150K, and have not done a thing to it. It has been a real reliable car. The timing belt broke and the great thing is it didn't reunion the engine like happens on a lot of the fours. The cruise control quit working but somethings are expected after 11 years and 150K other than that has been a great car. I use this site all the time so I thought I would add my 2 cents worth.

Best Car Ever
By Laurel Ahlman on 05/21/09 20:53 PM (PDT)

1998 Plymouth Breeze Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used with 23,000miles on it. I bought it because of the safety and mpg reviews. I have had a few things replaced and done to it over the years, but nothing major. Regular oil changes and never beat it. I love this vehicle and I am not looking forward to getting a new car. When I took my car in for some repair at around 120,000 miles my mechanic laughed at me when I told him that this car was going to make it to 200,000. Still going strong!

Good starter car
By jake on 07/18/08 00:04 AM (PDT)

1998 Plymouth Breeze Sedan 4dr Sedan

Owned a Breeze before this one, but started to cross an intersection when a teenager on her cell phone ran the light and I rammed her Dodge Intrepid in the side. The Breeze took it very well. But the intrepid looked like it could've done better. So I bought another and it is just as nice as the first. It has been completely rebuilt on the exterior because some truck stopped, and I rear ended him and then I got rear ended. And since then, the car still drives perfect and gets 28 mpg! It's a peppy car and is very safe to drive. And also cheap to insure. Great car for your kids or for a cheap starter car.

My first car
By Rebecca on 05/03/08 21:07 PM (PDT)

1998 Plymouth Breeze Sedan 4dr Sedan

This was my first car, and I am very satisfied with how long it lasted. Asside from regular maintenance, at 150,000 miles the master cylinder in the brakes is broke and I'm selling it because it's not worth it to me to replace it! A very reliable car though, it has never left me stranded, always starts in the winter, great in the snow, very stable, gets about 28mpg. The driver window works occasionally, and the stereo is terrible, but overall I wish I could keep this car a bit longer!

Great Car to Drive
By Jennifer on 04/17/08 19:54 PM (PDT)

1998 Plymouth Breeze Sedan 4dr Sedan

I've had my car a month now and just love it to death. Gets great mileage. It's a simple car with a lot of beauty to it. I like the design of it amd it rides really smooth both in the front and back seats. Very little rust, engine clean looks new.

I Made a Mistake!
By Ash on 11/08/07 22:50 PM (PST)

1998 Plymouth Breeze Sedan 4dr Sedan

Ok, so when I bought this car, I was excited to buy my own car! It only had 60,000 miles on it which seemed great! And I paid only $3,000 for it, at least that's what I thought I was paying for it. Well I've had it for not quite 3 years and I have put over $5,000 more in to it! Every thing has blew on it! from the head, & head gasket twice, the radiator, multiple oil seals, break lines (while I was driving), rear defrost, A/C, trunk and hood poppers (both), I'm sure I'm forgetting things. Anyways, this is not a good car! I would not recommend it to anyone! I have had such a bad experience with this car.

'98 Plymouth Breeze
By long-jon on 10/08/07 14:55 PM (PDT)

1998 Plymouth Breeze Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought my '98 Breeze from Government auction six years ago. Other than having to repair the leaking head gasket, which the government paid for, it has been a great reliable American car!