Used 1998 Plymouth Breeze Base Sedan Consumer Reviews - 23 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1998 Plymouth Breeze Sedan - Consumer Reviews

1998 Plymouth Breeze Sedan

View reviews for a specific Breeze model:

1998 2.4L Plymouth Breeze
By nate96

1998 Plymouth Breeze Sedan 4dr Sedan

I have owned my 98 Breeze with 227k for a year, purchasing it for $1200. I have encountered some issues, such as a bad master cylinder, a broken power steering hose, and common maintenance, 2 wheel bearings and control arms. The only major issue is the transmission. On summer days after 30 min. of highway driving the car will lurch, rev to 3500 rpm, and go into limp mode. That being said, the car has been reliable and gets me where I need to go with good mpg(25-27) The handling is good, especially in the winter, and it cruises well down the freeway. The interior suffers from small cup holders and poor insulating, leading to a noisy ride. Overall, the Plymouth Breeze is a solid, reliable car.

Never a Problem
By greenfield2

1998 Plymouth Breeze Sedan 4dr Sedan

Bought the breeze @ 209K for 550, and put 500 into it for new brakes and tie-rod
Never been in the shop since great car for getting around and going places the cars at 233K and still going strong. Great first car

I would suggest it for anyone looking for a good car

Terrible, first car nightmare
By Anonymous

1998 Plymouth Breeze Sedan 4dr Sedan

My mom bought a car for my sister and I for our first car. she ended up giving me this piece of crap because it's racking up the repairs. I can't rely on it to be good for a couple months without a major repair and I don't do anything other than drive to work everyday.Having no heat every freaking winter in Minnesota sucks terribly, head gaskets, radiators, etc always goes out annually.AC also went out, blowers went out, trunk latch stopped working randomly, brakes squeak even after being in shop, horn had to be unplugged because it goes off when I hit the gas, can't replace without doing whole steering column.Very hard to merge in fast traffic with this engine.Piece of crap

It is comfy and a smooth drive, that is all.

Make it so that this car doesn't have $1500 of repairs ever single year... OMG. Getting a new car, sick of spending all this annual repetitive breakdowns on this stupid thing. The gas mileage isn't even that great, save yourself money and get a better sedan. Something is always going wrong. always..

If you think you like it
By Ash

1998 Plymouth Breeze Sedan 4dr Sedan

I have only had my car a year and a half and have already put more in to the car than I got it for. I got my car for $1700 and now I've put almost $3000 in it. I had the car for 4 months before it started causing me problems. I started college 2 months ago and my car has been in the shop 5 time since then. I love the car but its problems are too much for a Freshman in college. If you think about getting this car for you high schooler do it but once they get in college start looking for a new car. I think the car would be great if it was built better.

Nice car for the money
By Mark Meyering

1998 Plymouth Breeze Sedan 4dr Sedan

Bought this car with 112,000 on it looked to be well taken care of. I now have 150K, and have not done a thing to it. It has been a real reliable car. The timing belt broke and the great thing is it didn't reunion the engine like happens on a lot of the fours. The cruise control quit working but somethings are expected after 11 years and 150K other than that has been a great car. I use this site all the time so I thought I would add my 2 cents worth.

get up and go!!!!! great for a 2.4 four.

none