Used 1998 Plymouth Breeze Expresso Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1998 Plymouth Breeze - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Breeze model:

Great Car..
By ktackitt1212

1998 Plymouth Breeze Expresso 4dr Sedan

I bought this car 3 months ago for $1600 from someone who purchased it from an auction. When i bought it, it had 120,000 miles on it..My mother has the same year explorer with 180,000..So pretty good. This car has been great. When i first purchased it, we changed the oil, and a couple of belts that looked worn. Replaced a bulb, and recently we replaced a hose. (All very cheap parts.) The car is very comfortable on the inside, great for road trips, gets good gas mileage. Mine is purple, and the clear coat is chipping everywhere, but THANKFULLY my brother works in a body shop and it is getting painted this weekend. All in all, I'm glad to have this as my first car..and its made in AMERICA.

2.4 Liter, Automatic.. EXPRESSO.

BETTER THAN MY $5K DODGE...
By oakwood_1233

1998 Plymouth Breeze Expresso 4dr Sedan

i bought this car after my 5 thousad dollar 2000 dodge intrepid died, the motor blew. i found this car through a co-worker who sold it to me for $500, almost 4 years ago. ive never had a problem with the motor or transmission. ive never had any issues, besides regular wear issues. i had to put around 550 dollars into it for inspection purposes. but after that nothing else. just drove it 650 miles (first road trip) and it didnt skip a beat. i averaged 20 mpg, which for a 4 cylinder i think is high. considering the weight of the car, i assume. good car to me. has 146,000 miles on it now.

i think personally my favorite feature is how cheap i got this car...lol...i bought it for 500 dollars 4 years ago and i found one online recently for 1200 dollars. the parts are cheap, they have some in the junk yard, and if it gets a dent i dont sweat it lol

im not a certified mechanic, but i think there is a problem with the gas milage. i think that 4 cylinder doesnt have enough power to propel that car efficiently. it has enought to move it but i think the car should have had a 6 cylinder and it would have been better over a long period of time. idk just a thought. the only thing i dont like is the size, im over six feet tall, so over a long trip its uncomfortable.

Wish They Would of Continued Model
By porchymasbraxaut

1998 Plymouth Breeze Expresso 4dr Sedan

I bought this car when my Acclaim was on its 3rd transmission. I really liked it. Then my youngest daughter turned 16. She put more miles than I ever did. Thank God she's 23 and has a even nicer car Chevy Impala-07. But during the years that she'd talk me into it I do some repairs on the car which is to be expected. It's 2008 I still have the car and talked about trading it in but I think I will take it in and have everything done with it as my car really didn't give me any problems and I don't need a new fancy car. When polished and everthing done it is a nice car and rides so good.

I put a CD player in it. I didn't like the tape player. Also have a small leak in the back brakes and even though I keep up the brakes the never seem any different. It's good on gas except if you continuely drive in town.

I think the interior could be a better interior and it came with mats and the windshield wipers worked a little better and the hubby complains about the cup holders could have had more room.

Love My Breeze
By TT2065

1998 Plymouth Breeze Expresso 4dr Sedan

I must admit, my Breeze is my favorite car so far, (I have owned 12 vehicles during my 28 years of driving). I have owned it for over 8 years, currently have over 170,000 miles on it, and expect it to keep going. It is reliable and I still get 27 - 30 mpg every fill up. The only major repair was the timing belt. I keep it well maintained.

The trunk space is fantastic. I can fit everything for the beach or all our snowboard gear without a second thought.

I have upgraded the stereo system to a Kenwood w/CD & MP3 and also Sirius (must have options).

Don't buy this car
By Kendrafsu

1998 Plymouth Breeze Expresso 4dr Sedan

I like the look of the car. However, in the a/c has gone out on it twice. I've also replaced the head gasket, rear brake cylinders, heater coil, and now the transmission is making funny noises and it burns oil. (I'm just hoping to pay it off before the transmission goes on it.)

A more reliable engine that does not have to have so many repairs.