1998 Plymouth Breeze - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Breeze model:
Great Car..
By ktackitt1212 on 09/10/12 11:28 AM (PDT)

1998 Plymouth Breeze Expresso 4dr Sedan

I bought this car 3 months ago for $1600 from someone who purchased it from an auction. When i bought it, it had 120,000 miles on it..My mother has the same year explorer with 180,000..So pretty good. This car has been great. When i first purchased it, we changed the oil, and a couple of belts that looked worn. Replaced a bulb, and recently we replaced a hose. (All very cheap parts.) The car is very comfortable on the inside, great for road trips, gets good gas mileage. Mine is purple, and the clear coat is chipping everywhere, but THANKFULLY my brother works in a body shop and it is getting painted this weekend. All in all, I'm glad to have this as my first car..and its made in AMERICA.

BETTER THAN MY $5K DODGE...
By oakwood_1233 on 04/19/12 18:45 PM (PDT)

1998 Plymouth Breeze Expresso 4dr Sedan

i bought this car after my 5 thousad dollar 2000 dodge intrepid died, the motor blew. i found this car through a co-worker who sold it to me for $500, almost 4 years ago. ive never had a problem with the motor or transmission. ive never had any issues, besides regular wear issues. i had to put around 550 dollars into it for inspection purposes. but after that nothing else. just drove it 650 miles (first road trip) and it didnt skip a beat. i averaged 20 mpg, which for a 4 cylinder i think is high. considering the weight of the car, i assume. good car to me. has 146,000 miles on it now.

Wish They Would of Continued Model
By porchymasbraxaut on 08/06/08 22:13 PM (PDT)

1998 Plymouth Breeze Expresso 4dr Sedan

I bought this car when my Acclaim was on its 3rd transmission. I really liked it. Then my youngest daughter turned 16. She put more miles than I ever did. Thank God she's 23 and has a even nicer car Chevy Impala-07. But during the years that she'd talk me into it I do some repairs on the car which is to be expected. It's 2008 I still have the car and talked about trading it in but I think I will take it in and have everything done with it as my car really didn't give me any problems and I don't need a new fancy car. When polished and everthing done it is a nice car and rides so good.

Love My Breeze
By TT2065 on 01/18/08 12:19 PM (PST)

1998 Plymouth Breeze Expresso 4dr Sedan

I must admit, my Breeze is my favorite car so far, (I have owned 12 vehicles during my 28 years of driving). I have owned it for over 8 years, currently have over 170,000 miles on it, and expect it to keep going. It is reliable and I still get 27 - 30 mpg every fill up. The only major repair was the timing belt. I keep it well maintained.

Don't buy this car
By Kendrafsu on 02/09/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Plymouth Breeze Expresso 4dr Sedan

I like the look of the car. However, in the a/c has gone out on it twice. I've also replaced the head gasket, rear brake cylinders, heater coil, and now the transmission is making funny noises and it burns oil. (I'm just hoping to pay it off before the transmission goes on it.)

Great car, not-so-great resale value
By dj8 on 01/18/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Plymouth Breeze Expresso 4dr Sedan

We bought the car new and were very pleased with it thoughout its 6 year stay with us. Had one head gasket problem which was covered under warranty. After 6 years, it really felt like a new car with super-tight steering. Got good gas mileage with the 2.4L and it was a zippy car. It's resale value however was lousy and when it got rear-ended, repairs exceeded what the car was worth and they had to claim it as a total loss.

Whatch Out
By Richard Steiner on 03/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Plymouth Breeze Expresso 4dr Sedan

This car has more problems than assets. DO NOT BUY THIS CAR USED. Chrysler will tell you to pound mud the first time you have a problem. The engines design is flawed. Both Engines have faulty Head Gaskets and are suseptable to cracking the block, head or exhast manifold. Used engines are not available and remanufactured engines from Chrysler cost more than the car is worth. There is a class action law suite out there for consuemers who purchased these cars new. My advise is to take your cars back to the dealership you purchased it from and demand your money back Now! They don't seam to care if you experience problems later.

good
By Troy Sunderland on 03/13/02 01:41 AM (PST)

1998 Plymouth Breeze Expresso 4dr Sedan

overall i think that the breeze is a overall good looking/ and good performing car