1998 Plymouth Breeze - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Breeze model:
Great Car..
By ktackitt1212 on 09/10/12 11:28 AM (PDT)

1998 Plymouth Breeze Expresso 4dr Sedan

I bought this car 3 months ago for $1600 from someone who purchased it from an auction. When i bought it, it had 120,000 miles on it..My mother has the same year explorer with 180,000..So pretty good. This car has been great. When i first purchased it, we changed the oil, and a couple of belts that looked worn. Replaced a bulb, and recently we replaced a hose. (All very cheap parts.) The car is very comfortable on the inside, great for road trips, gets good gas mileage. Mine is purple, and the clear coat is chipping everywhere, but THANKFULLY my brother works in a body shop and it is getting painted this weekend. All in all, I'm glad to have this as my first car..and its made in AMERICA.

BETTER THAN MY $5K DODGE...
By oakwood_1233 on 04/19/12 18:45 PM (PDT)

1998 Plymouth Breeze Expresso 4dr Sedan

i bought this car after my 5 thousad dollar 2000 dodge intrepid died, the motor blew. i found this car through a co-worker who sold it to me for $500, almost 4 years ago. ive never had a problem with the motor or transmission. ive never had any issues, besides regular wear issues. i had to put around 550 dollars into it for inspection purposes. but after that nothing else. just drove it 650 miles (first road trip) and it didnt skip a beat. i averaged 20 mpg, which for a 4 cylinder i think is high. considering the weight of the car, i assume. good car to me. has 146,000 miles on it now.

Never a Problem
By greenfield2 on 01/14/12 19:52 PM (PST)

1998 Plymouth Breeze 4dr Sedan

Bought the breeze @ 209K for 550, and put 500 into it for new brakes and tie-rod Never been in the shop since great car for getting around and going places the cars at 233K and still going strong. Great first car I would suggest it for anyone looking for a good car

Terrible, first car nightmare
By Anonymous on 12/08/10 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Plymouth Breeze 4dr Sedan

My mom bought a car for my sister and I for our first car. she ended up giving me this piece of crap because it's racking up the repairs. I can't rely on it to be good for a couple months without a major repair and I don't do anything other than drive to work everyday.Having no heat every freaking winter in Minnesota sucks terribly, head gaskets, radiators, etc always goes out annually.AC also went out, blowers went out, trunk latch stopped working randomly, brakes squeak even after being in shop, horn had to be unplugged because it goes off when I hit the gas, can't replace without doing whole steering column.Very hard to merge in fast traffic with this engine.Piece of crap

If you think you like it
By Ash on 09/27/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Plymouth Breeze 4dr Sedan

I have only had my car a year and a half and have already put more in to the car than I got it for. I got my car for $1700 and now I've put almost $3000 in it. I had the car for 4 months before it started causing me problems. I started college 2 months ago and my car has been in the shop 5 time since then. I love the car but its problems are too much for a Freshman in college. If you think about getting this car for you high schooler do it but once they get in college start looking for a new car. I think the car would be great if it was built better.

Nice car for the money
By Mark Meyering on 12/19/09 17:16 PM (PST)

1998 Plymouth Breeze 4dr Sedan

Bought this car with 112,000 on it looked to be well taken care of. I now have 150K, and have not done a thing to it. It has been a real reliable car. The timing belt broke and the great thing is it didn't reunion the engine like happens on a lot of the fours. The cruise control quit working but somethings are expected after 11 years and 150K other than that has been a great car. I use this site all the time so I thought I would add my 2 cents worth.

Best Car Ever
By Laurel Ahlman on 05/21/09 20:53 PM (PDT)

1998 Plymouth Breeze 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used with 23,000miles on it. I bought it because of the safety and mpg reviews. I have had a few things replaced and done to it over the years, but nothing major. Regular oil changes and never beat it. I love this vehicle and I am not looking forward to getting a new car. When I took my car in for some repair at around 120,000 miles my mechanic laughed at me when I told him that this car was going to make it to 200,000. Still going strong!

Wish They Would of Continued Model
By porchymasbraxaut on 08/06/08 22:13 PM (PDT)

1998 Plymouth Breeze Expresso 4dr Sedan

I bought this car when my Acclaim was on its 3rd transmission. I really liked it. Then my youngest daughter turned 16. She put more miles than I ever did. Thank God she's 23 and has a even nicer car Chevy Impala-07. But during the years that she'd talk me into it I do some repairs on the car which is to be expected. It's 2008 I still have the car and talked about trading it in but I think I will take it in and have everything done with it as my car really didn't give me any problems and I don't need a new fancy car. When polished and everthing done it is a nice car and rides so good.

Good starter car
By jake on 07/18/08 00:04 AM (PDT)

1998 Plymouth Breeze 4dr Sedan

Owned a Breeze before this one, but started to cross an intersection when a teenager on her cell phone ran the light and I rammed her Dodge Intrepid in the side. The Breeze took it very well. But the intrepid looked like it could've done better. So I bought another and it is just as nice as the first. It has been completely rebuilt on the exterior because some truck stopped, and I rear ended him and then I got rear ended. And since then, the car still drives perfect and gets 28 mpg! It's a peppy car and is very safe to drive. And also cheap to insure. Great car for your kids or for a cheap starter car.

My first car
By Rebecca on 05/03/08 21:07 PM (PDT)

1998 Plymouth Breeze 4dr Sedan

This was my first car, and I am very satisfied with how long it lasted. Asside from regular maintenance, at 150,000 miles the master cylinder in the brakes is broke and I'm selling it because it's not worth it to me to replace it! A very reliable car though, it has never left me stranded, always starts in the winter, great in the snow, very stable, gets about 28mpg. The driver window works occasionally, and the stereo is terrible, but overall I wish I could keep this car a bit longer!