1997 Plymouth Breeze 2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - A Breeze with a Grade

1997 Plymouth Breeze - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

A Breeze with a Grade B
By Space Junkie on

1997 Plymouth Breeze 4dr Sedan

Bought mine used from a now defunct dealership and over the eight years I owned it I was very pleased with its performance. It handled very well and the ride was pretty good despite the fact it wasn't one of Chrysler's top-of-the-line products. Gas mileage was good; but the 4-cylinder engine was much too underpowered for the weight of the vehicle. It never burned any oil but the brakes needed constant check ups and they tended to make a lot of noise. Mechanics's explanation: Design defect. I was lucky to purchase and own a dependable car with this one.

Favorite Features

Really nice to drive...handling characteristics were very good. Over time the ride was not as smooth--usual wear and tear I guess. When changing light bulbs/signal bulbs, the easy to remove modular units were nice and very welcome with which to remove/reinstall.

Suggested Improvements

Not applicable any more...Chrysler has ceased making this model. I still see quite a few Breeze on the road; so replacement parts must still be available.