1996 Plymouth Breeze - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (0 review )
Very Tough Car!!!
By L.R. on 04/29/09 09:13 AM (PDT)

1996 Plymouth Breeze 4dr Sedan

I got this car for my 16th Bday and i am impressed i am 18 now and still have that car. Being young i have put that car through alot of abuse and it just won't don't. I am very impressed with this car and if i wasn't getting a 1992 Pontiac Bonneville then i would deffinately keep this car. I recommend to anyone looking for a reliable car with excellent fuel mileage and excellent comfort then this car is for you. The only real major repairs i had to do was control arms and ball joints but that's because i beat the crap out of it. i was in automotive shop for 4 years and grew up around cars, so i know what im doing and i know what im saying when this car is a great car. i would buy another!!!!

Excellent Car!!!!!!!!!!!
By LR Diesel on 03/02/09 06:37 AM (PST)

1996 Plymouth Breeze 4dr Sedan

I got this car for my 16th Birthday from my dad and had 52000miles at the time now i have 94000+ and it is a great car. have had minor repairs of course like timing belt at 72000 and a couple sensors but snow this thing is great couldn't be better good on gas and through all the abuse like off roading in fields and woods this damn thing won't die. it needs control arms and ball joints but its been beat on. this car is VERY tough and like i said through all the abuse it just won't die. its also a very fast car it has no problem reaching 115mph quickly. for a 2.0 4cyl this thing has plenty of pickup. if u are looking for a very reliable good on gas very comfyridethisis the car u want. AWESOME!!

Great Car
By Display Name on 03/24/08 01:03 AM (PDT)

1996 Plymouth Breeze 4dr Sedan

My dad bought it about 10 years ago used with 10000 miles it just hit 118000 and it still runs very solid. As long as you keep up regular maitnence the car will last. Has had a few things break but that is expected with any car. It is a good looking car for being a sedan and the interiotr is excelent. I'm a tall person 6'8" and i fit fairly comfortably in it. It is excelent on gas, at 110000 i figured out the MPG of the car and it will run at about 30 MPG. Very good car for winter,rain, sleet,any weather. It is a blast to drive even though it is a striaght 4 it has a little bit of pickup and it can take a lot of abuse. If you're looking for a cheap, fun, and comfortable car, gat a Breeze.

Great Car
By Rudy on 03/04/06 19:42 PM (PST)

1996 Plymouth Breeze 4dr Sedan

It has a 2.0 liter 4 cylinder engine with 4 valves per cylinder. It has a 5 speed manual transmission which shifts very easily. I keep an accurate record of every gallon of gas put in, mileage driven, cost of gas, oil changes, tire rotations and any repairs on a spreadsheet. MPG for the last 7 years (1999 to 2005) averages out to 34.983. I am just under 148,000 miles and am thinking of keeping it to 200,000. It has no visible rust anywhere. Having initially paid $14,200 for it, I am very pleased with this car and regret that Plymouths are not made any more. I definitely would buy another car like this one.

Pleasant Surprise
By TomG on 01/28/06 00:12 AM (PST)

1996 Plymouth Breeze 4dr Sedan

In spite of reading some bad reviews, I bought this car for my daughter because it was in great shape and only $2100. I thought that was great for a car with an auto transmission, new tires, A/C, power door locks, CD, etc. -- even with 93,000 miles. Since then, she has driven it over 20,000 miles and the only problem was it needed a new EGR Valve (about $140 with installation at NAPA). There isn't a spot of rust anywhere and the entire engine compartment looks almost new. It has been great for her going to from college since it extremely roomy and has a huge trunk, something unusual in such an economical car. Acceleration seems sluggish, unless you stomp on the gas so it kicks into lower gear.

Not that Bad
By J on 12/23/05 16:31 PM (PST)

1996 Plymouth Breeze 4dr Sedan

I bought my Plymouth Breeze in college and have put over 70,000 miles on it in three years. I drove the heck out of the thing and it's still standing. I never really had any major problems, until recently, when everything just fell apart. The rear brakes are a constant problem, as is the front end (two tie rod replacements in two years). Engine oil disappears, I put in about two quarts a month. The resale value is so bad, you're better off donating it for the tax write off. Other than that, it's been a pretty solid car.

Happy to Have It
By Rudy on 02/23/05 22:29 PM (PST)

1996 Plymouth Breeze 4dr Sedan

I love the 5 speed manual with the 4 valves per cylinder engine. I average about 35 mpg overall. The only problem I had was the head gasket. This car saved me a lot of money and is fun to drive. Too bad they don't make Plymouths any more.

MECHANIC SAYS SELL IT
By kristyann on 04/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Plymouth Breeze 4dr Sedan

After bringing my lovely Breeze into my mechanic for the twelfth time, he told me that I should sell it because otherwise I would end up giving him every paycheck. I gave my little brother my 1990 Chevy Cavalier (14 year old car). I only had to do routine maitenence on it. The Breeze is another story... It is burning oil, has had two broken ti-rods, trans fluid leaking, connections to engine are fried, radio connections shorted and still waiting for something else.

Good family car
By poppart on 12/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Plymouth Breeze 4dr Sedan

We bought ours almost 4 years ago, it had high miles but was well- maintained. We have had our share of problems, replaced a head gasket, two seals on the motor, ti-rod, and there is a problem with the back brakes, they get stuck on sometimes and wear out the brake shoes. It has no rust and has survived two minor accidents where I skidded and hit a snow bank. It is great in the snow and I don't think I could ask for a better car considering we have put 60,000 miles on it in the past three years and I still plan to keep it for another year.

costly repairs
By v. bizzak on 09/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Plymouth Breeze 4dr Sedan

Lots of front end problems, tie rods, wheel bearings, ball jonts also head gasket, valve cover gasket,cam seal gasket. Love the car but cost me money every time I turn around. Also is rusting out