Used 1995 Plymouth Acclaim Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Plymouth Acclaim Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.5L 4-cyl. 3-speed Automatic - (9 reviews )

Car
By theevanup

1995 Plymouth Acclaim Sedan 4dr Sedan

The wheels spin in a motion that allows me to get to my destination. Quite useful.

The shock absorbers don't work which allows it to feel similar to a roller coaster.

Shock absorbers.

Wow
By joser94

1995 Plymouth Acclaim Sedan 4dr Sedan

My brother owned this car with the 3.0L V6 for a few years with little to no issues and he abused the hell out of it. It still drove like new, only making a slight ticking noise when low on oil (as it usually was). He got plenty of miles out of it (got it with probably 215k and died with over 250k) and probably only changed the oil twice in the few years and thousands of miles. I wouldn't suggest this but the car handled it well. Only reason it's not on the road today is because it caught fire due to oil that leaked onto the exhaust manifold while adding oil.

Extremely reliable and decent pick up for a car its age

None

Best First Car
By ako0905

1995 Plymouth Acclaim Sedan 4dr Sedan

I got this car when I was a junior in high school, now I'm about to be a junior in college- nearly 4 years later and it's still going strong. It only had 116K miles on it when I bought it for $1,200 in 2007. Other than a wheel alignment I got recently, I haven't had to put any money towards repairing my car. I've taken it on moderately long trips with absolutely no trouble and not once has it left me stranded. My brother, a mechanic, recently looked it over and took it for a drive and said I have no reason to replace it as it will last me for many more years. Definitely not the most attractive car for a teenage girl, but it was $1,200 well spent, I'd say I've gotten my money's worth :)

Love the power of the V6 engine. The whole car is comfortable, but everybody loves the backseat- my friends liken it to a couch. A lot of storage space and a huge trunk. Pretty good on gas.

3.0 v6
By leojem90

1995 Plymouth Acclaim Sedan 4dr Sedan

got the car at 61000miles had it for 2yrs never had to put a penny in that car it sits at 113567 now still runs like new.

all the power

put a cold air for better gas mpg it ran about 22city and now 27city

Great First Car
By MUHerd

1995 Plymouth Acclaim Sedan 4dr Sedan

This is my first car and I love it. It works out for a high school or college student that is short on cash. Spacious inside. The guy who owned it before me only replaced the radiator.

Spacious interior. Fuel economy about 35 MPG