1995 Plymouth Acclaim - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.5L 4-cyl. 3-speed Automatic - (1 review )
Car
By theevanup on 07/06/14 12:45 PM (PDT)

1995 Plymouth Acclaim 4dr Sedan

The wheels spin in a motion that allows me to get to my destination. Quite useful.

Wow
By joser94 on 11/17/13 04:03 AM (PST)

1995 Plymouth Acclaim 4dr Sedan

My brother owned this car with the 3.0L V6 for a few years with little to no issues and he abused the hell out of it. It still drove like new, only making a slight ticking noise when low on oil (as it usually was). He got plenty of miles out of it (got it with probably 215k and died with over 250k) and probably only changed the oil twice in the few years and thousands of miles. I wouldn't suggest this but the car handled it well. Only reason it's not on the road today is because it caught fire due to oil that leaked onto the exhaust manifold while adding oil.

Best First Car
By ako0905 on 07/13/11 23:35 PM (PDT)

1995 Plymouth Acclaim 4dr Sedan

I got this car when I was a junior in high school, now I'm about to be a junior in college- nearly 4 years later and it's still going strong. It only had 116K miles on it when I bought it for $1,200 in 2007. Other than a wheel alignment I got recently, I haven't had to put any money towards repairing my car. I've taken it on moderately long trips with absolutely no trouble and not once has it left me stranded. My brother, a mechanic, recently looked it over and took it for a drive and said I have no reason to replace it as it will last me for many more years. Definitely not the most attractive car for a teenage girl, but it was $1,200 well spent, I'd say I've gotten my money's worth :)

3.0 v6
By leojem90 on 01/29/10 10:13 AM (PST)

1995 Plymouth Acclaim 4dr Sedan

got the car at 61000miles had it for 2yrs never had to put a penny in that car it sits at 113567 now still runs like new.

Great First Car
By MUHerd on 11/25/07 16:37 PM (PST)

1995 Plymouth Acclaim 4dr Sedan

This is my first car and I love it. It works out for a high school or college student that is short on cash. Spacious inside. The guy who owned it before me only replaced the radiator.

used car
By catherine on 05/13/06 18:22 PM (PDT)

1995 Plymouth Acclaim 4dr Sedan

This vehicle really surprised me The overall performance was beyond my expectation, also the spacious back seat area. Major maintenance: radiator. Now there is an oil leak and the transmission is dragging.

Great Car
By jsl on 04/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

better than our toyota

Great Car!
By sedaigle on 04/07/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Plymouth Acclaim 4dr Sedan

It was a very reliable car. Lasted 100,000 miles before it needed any repairs. After that, repairs were required every 20,000 miles or so. It's a very cheap car to buy. It's also very inexpenisive to repair. The most expenisive repair was $600 for a new head on the engine. The car lasted nearly 200,000 miles on the original engine and tranmission. Fuel economy was great at 35mpg on the highway. It was also a cheap car to insure. I don't know of any other small American car that's as good. It's also very well built. I never had a problem with sqeaks and rattles and no parts ever broke or fell off. Pretty darn good for an American car if you ask me!

A Great Car
By sapper6 on 02/27/02 10:52 AM (PST)

1995 Plymouth Acclaim 4dr Sedan

A fun and practical vehical to drive. My daughter used it as a college car and when she graduated I used it as a commuting car. It lasted 102,000 miles before I donated it to the Salvation Army. It accelerates quicker than a Camry, and corners better than at BMW 318 - no kidding! Get a model with power windows and locks. Mine didn't have these and I missed them a lot. Chrysler made a great car in the Acclaim and its sister.