1994 Plymouth Acclaim Consumer Review: Excellent, Reliable and Durabl

1994 Plymouth Acclaim - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (2.5L 4-cyl. 3-speed Automatic)

Excellent, Reliable and Durable
By Brakis on

1994 Plymouth Acclaim 4dr Sedan

Got this car a year ago, first car and figured it would be a one-two year car. Great car, high milage with no real maintenance needed in almost 20,000 miles after 74,000. Good size easy to drive, great first car. So durable, I walked away from a roll-over from it with nothing more than a sprained shoulder, and though the car was crammed with books and movies, 95% of them survived. (roll-over was due to old tire blow-out). Would buy again, no doubt about that. Body not too dissimilar to a slightly older luxury car, and padding that is almost as comfortable.

Favorite Features

Big, durable frame, comfortable split bench front, and I'm told the rear seat is roomy (never rode back there, wouldn't know). Great safty features...I know, I tested them myself. Passenger compartment held up well for a roll-over, and one door even still worked.

Suggested Improvements

Parking break is a little hard to get to without opening the door, outside styling could be a little better but is nice none the less, and would have preferred a normal passenger side belt like the driver seat...hated reminding everyone to buckle the lap belt.